Make a donation

Author Topic: Part Number help please  (Read 3088 times)

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Part Number help please
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »
Hello,

Wondering if a kind soul could give me a part number for the stupid rubber things which should sit in the air filter / engine cover and latch onto the metal posts.  I seemed to have ripped one in my exuberance for getting the damned thing off.

Will it be OK with just the three holding it in for a short time?  Its the one at the back right that missing at the mo..
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Part Number help please
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:43:34 pm »
Hello,

Wondering if a kind soul could give me a part number for the stupid rubber things which should sit in the air filter / engine cover and latch onto the metal posts.  I seemed to have ripped one in my exuberance for getting the damned thing off.

Will it be OK with just the three holding it in for a short time?  Its the one at the back right that missing at the mo..

take one from the front and fit on the back, the hole goes to your air filterbox, and when engine rocks you get a hoover sound  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Usual Suspect

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:55:08 am »
Try the main dealer mate

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:24:54 am »
Hello,

take one from the front and fit on the back, the hole goes to your air filterbox, and when engine rocks you get a hoover sound  :happy2:

A very good point, I'll swap them over this morning.  And get a part no while I'm at it :happy2:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 07:26:29 am »
Try the main dealer mate

Indeed, its a bit easier if you have a part no as some of the part techs are a bit feeble minded and it can be hard to describe what you want.  :wink:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 07:46:14 am »
036 129 689 B - Stop Buffer. Couple of £.

D

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 05:00:00 pm »

D

Much appreciated, I actualy moved the 'buffer' this morning as Danish suggested and got the part no - ordered a couple.  What should have been a simple job turned into a 45 min epic as I managed to first drop one of the maf clips down the back of the engine then another of the 'buffers' went AWOL down that way too.  Managed to find them by swearing at em ... and using a bit of stiff electrical wire.  :mad:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »

D

Much appreciated, I actualy moved the 'buffer' this morning as Danish suggested and got the part no - ordered a couple.  What should have been a simple job turned into a 45 min epic as I managed to first drop one of the maf clips down the back of the engine then another of the 'buffers' went AWOL down that way too.  Managed to find them by swearing at em ... and using a bit of stiff electrical wire.  :mad:

even simple jobs can turn bad  :grin:  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)