Make a donation

Author Topic: just had a telling off! New alignment details of AP coilovers?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
I just rang a very good 4wheel alignment company, they said (in an annoyed voice as if they had told alot of people), if you have had different suspension fitted they should have supplied you with new camber/toe in/out etc settings for that suspension as all he can do is go off manufacture settings....

I have AP coilovers.....anyone have any ideas?

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
Re: just had a telling off! New alignment details of AP coilovers?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:09:03 pm »
guessing they dont know the camber on the front isnt adjustable on the mk5 platform then.....

Front tow i would go anywhere between 0 and the standard settings on the front, and standard tow on the rear, rear camber i would also set to standard too unless your planning on track daying it

Hope this helps  :smiley:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 02:18:31 pm »
so of i tell him to keep it all standard but put the front toe 1/2 between standard and 0?

camber isnt adjustable. Would a 4wheel alignment change anything else?

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:08:05 pm »
yep thats right, you cant go far wrong if its as it was from the factory  :smiley:

4 wheel alignment will check alot of other things too, but the main adjustment points are front and rear tow, and rear camber, thats all the new suspension would of affected  :laugh:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 04:15:24 pm »
had it done, he said that my fronts are now toe in 1.2...the rears were all fine.