Make a donation

Author Topic: R-Tech re-mapped my car today....  (Read 2935 times)

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
R-Tech re-mapped my car today....
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »
.....in a word - AMAZING!

These guys are fantastic. I arrived a little early, eager to get my car mapped and speak to Nick about my options.

In fact, I was a little too early (Had to wait for the lads to arrive!). But once they did, they got to work quickly. In minutes, they had my car on the ramp ready to do the initial diagnostic check which came up with 4 errors. One was a CAT problem as i had the car de-cat, two to do with the intake manifold and I also had a boost leak...

They removed the DV (which was a rev C) and found it had a little tear in it, so they immediately ordered a new rev D DV for me. They cleared the CAT error and worked really hard on clearing the other two but were only able to clear one in the time we had. Although the remaining error made no difference to how the car drove.

Whilst waiting for the DV to arrive, they remapped the DSG software with the Revo software. Once the new DV had arrived, it was down to business. Nick fitted that in minutes and got started with the ECU re-map.  I decided to opt for R-Tech's own re-map rather than REVO. Main reason being, I had an LCR which was Revo'd and it was great but the power came all in one huge lump then ran out of breath at the top end. R-Tech's map has a very similar power curve to OEM but just loads more power. After they had finished loading the software and checking everything was ok, they put it on the RR (they just about got it on due to my front lip being so low!). Nick wasn't happy with the RR runs, he couldn't get a good read from them so after a few more checks, he took it for a spin and came back after what felt like hours and told me to take it for a blast.
 :driver:
OMG, the transformation was amazing!  :jumpmove: SOOOO much more power at the slightest movement from my right foot. Loads more urgency. The car just wants to keep on going. No turbo lag (which I can feel). The DSG box is great too, no kick-down, doesn't feel like changing gear when it wants to anymore and I've got a lot more control over it now. Just how it should have came out from the VW factory.

Anyway, after I had returned, Nick put it back on the ramp and tweaked about with it a little more. Increased the power slightly and took it for another spin (this time he did a launch control, his first time ever!), he was well impressed with the results.

I can say no more than these guys are awesome. Customer service was 100% throughout and Nick knows all there is to know about these cars. He was also kind enough to give me a discount due to not being able to do a poper RR test.

Anyone who is thinking of re-mapping their car should certainly consider these guys. I will definatley be going back for more work. It's only 30 miles away from me so I've got no excuse.

Big thanks to Nick, Rob and Pip  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: R-Tech re-mapped my car today....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »
so why couldn they do a proper RR test!!!!!!

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »
 :congrats: Very pleased for you!

Can't wait til my turn on Tuesday  :pomppomp:

I've just brought the revision D DV so will take that with me too...

Thanks for the feedback!  :happy2:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »
so why couldn they do a proper RR test!!!!!!

Not entirely sure, he said it's hit and miss with DSG sometimes but no problems with manual.

:congrats: Very pleased for you!

Can't wait til my turn on Tuesday  :pomppomp:

I've just brought the revision D DV so will take that with me too...

Thanks for the feedback!  :happy2:

Thanks Mandy. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You should see bigger gains on your K04  :driver:

Offline Gtikenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:28 am »
Cant wait to take my car to r-tech  after seeing the difference in my friends ed 30 nick really knows his stuff   :smiley:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
They dyno'd mine okay in January. :happy2:

I did have to sit in the car with them though as it was their virgin DSG car at the time :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:43:34 am »
They dyno'd mine okay in January. :happy2:

I did have to sit in the car with them though as it was their virgin DSG car at the time :happy2:

Yeah, I think they are still learning about the DSG, Nick did say they are hit and miss on the rollers. Maybe they don't get many in....

Overall, I'm really pleased though.

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:16:24 am »
Goodresults mate and nice write up!! Looks like I MIGHT have bought a car with a map anyway as it turns out but let's see!!

Matt