Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise Control Part No?  (Read 3138 times)

h4rdy

Cruise Control Part No?
« on: October 09, 2010, 07:29:18 am »

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
  • No. 728
Re: Cruise Control Part No?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:47:30 am »
The first one is the stalk i fitted to mine. The second one is the kit which includes the wire that you dont need.

I paid around £54 from a dealer for the stalk. Just order 1K0 953 513G 9B9

h4rdy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:30:47 am »
Thanks I shall do that!

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 10:45:49 am »
Gents, I keep saying this but there really is no need to buy this from eBay, use your dealers for this part.  You aren't saving money, there are some rogue used parts around on the bay and finally a part from a dealer will carry a warranty.

As for not needing a wire, some will need it and unless you know you don't need it - car normally 2006 onwards - then I advise getting it.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

h4rdy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 02:34:32 pm »
The first one is the stalk i fitted to mine. The second one is the kit which includes the wire that you dont need.

Is that £54 + Vat as my mate has just quoted me £56 + Vat?

For the record the one on ebay was from a Skoda Main Dealer.

It may be cheaper as well if its +Vat.

Offline kevinm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
  • No. 728
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:58 pm »

Is that £54 + Vat as my mate has just quoted me £56 + Vat?

It may be cheaper as well if its +Vat.

It probably was +vat now i think about it. I didn't buy my stalk off ebay.

Offline danr320c

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
Is it the same part number (1K0 953 513G 9B9) for all mkV's, regardless of age or engine?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 02:14:20 pm »
Is it the same part number (1K0 953 513G 9B9) for all mkV's, regardless of age or engine?

It is now yes, but as above older cars will need 'the wire' which is only included with a full kit.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »

I know but it isn't any cheaper and you can't take it straight back if you have a problem.  Equally, you should try to support your local dealer a little bit, you'll be taking your car to the Skoda dealer selling everyone their parts on eBay when the VW dealer is closed down!!  :evilgrin:
Stu...

h4rdy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

I know but it isn't any cheaper and you can't take it straight back if you have a problem.  Equally, you should try to support your local dealer a little bit, you'll be taking your car to the Skoda dealer selling everyone their parts on eBay when the VW dealer is closed down!!  :evilgrin:

I know what your saying but I would get it through my mate anyway who deals with, not sure is it TCS?

Don't want to get into the argument of supporting dealer but I do agree a little as parts always seem to be the same price from them as on eBay and other places.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Offline danr320c

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49:06 am »

It is now yes, but as above older cars will need 'the wire' which is only included with a full kit.

Ah ok, cheers.

h4rdy

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
Got mine now £60 inc Vat.

So any fitting guides anywhere on tinterweb?

Can't find one anywhere.

J

Offline danr320c

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:48:31 am »
Got mine now £60 inc Vat.

So any fitting guides anywhere on tinterweb?

Can't find one anywhere.

J

Find / ask vRStu!
Took us longer to disconnect the battery than it did for Stu to take old stalk out, new stalk in + coding!
Top man!

Offline redgem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 11:31:03 am »
Hi, So if you just buy the stalk is that all I would need to have cruise control mines a May 2007? :smiley: :smiley:.I know it would need code setting.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 01:09:06 pm »
Hi, So if you just buy the stalk is that all I would need to have cruise control mines a May 2007? :smiley: :smiley:.I know it would need code setting.

Assuming your car has the correct steering controller then you'll be ok.  Some earlier cars need an additional wire to be fitted anf for this reason I recommend buying the retrofit kit over a stalk on it's own.
Stu...