Make a donation

Author Topic: 1.4TSI tuning results  (Read 26777 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
1.4TSI tuning results
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »
The 1.4 TSI (180) engine is pretty new now, but the manufacturers are starting to produce maps now.  REVO as normal being the most publicised.

thought id post the results up. as i know there are a couple on here running the 1.4TSI be it the 140/160/170 or 180ps versions.  Fundementally identical engines with the same output once tuned as the ECU maps are the only differing factor.

Heres REVOs published stage 1

Stage 1 = predicted 210-225hp
http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=show_news&id_nws=59

stage 2 = predicted 218hp-233Hp
http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=show_news&id_nws=60

When myself and many other spoke to REVO they said they had made 246hp repeatedly but maybe they deemed 246hp to be to much!!

Heres stage 1(with an ITG maxogen intake iirc)

Heres stage 2

I think that torque curve/plateau is pretty impressive.  No surge, no drop off just pretty much constant throughout

Heres a stage 1 1.4TSI(150) Ibiza Fr.  This should be identical to the TSI(180) when mapped.  Add the intake and theres an easy 215hp there i think.  Why buy the cupra!!

i think 236hp in a 1240kg will be very nnice indeed. And considering the stage 1 cars manage 13.5 secondf 1/4 miles at the pod with more than a few of them getting low 5 second 0-60's @ GTI international i think stage 2 could be pretty impressive.  Maybe even sub 13 seconds with some weight loss action

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:35:25 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
Re: 1.4TSI tuning results
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »
just had mine on the rolling road  180ps =177hp and my car made 176.5hp.   Funny that, REVOs Fabia made 194hp stock :grin: so their map is actially making about 204hp and not 228hp :mad:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:41:17 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:07:52 pm »
i think 236hp in a 1240kg will be very nnice indeed. And considering the stage 1 cars manage 13.5 secondf 1/4 miles at the pod with more than a few of them getting low 5 second 0-60's @ GTI international i think stage 2 could be pretty impressive.  Maybe even sub 13 seconds with some weight loss action

Not seen a Stage 1 car do a 13.5 Sy?  :confused: This is the quickest one i've seen and as you can see, it's far from just Stage 1..
uprated pads, Torque Technique custom exhaust , custom Green cotton air filter, rear seats removed, front seats, OMP, 4 point belts OMP, intercooler water spray system, REVO 220bhp remap, Team Dynamics Prorace 1.2 alloys and Toyo 888 tyres, KW V3 coilovers

Not taking anything away from them, as a 13.4 is pretty awesome for a 1.4. But I would be suprised to see one do a 12 sec 1/4 without a lot more mods/power.. They jump off the line though and with them being lowish power and light weight, can use 1st gear (unlike Stage 2+ KO4's  :sad1:)..

just had mine on the rolling road  180ps =177hp and my car made 176.5hp.   Funny that, REVOs Fabia made 194hp stock :grin: so their map is actially making about 204hp and not 228hp :mad:

You got yours then mate?  :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:42:34 pm »

i think 236hp in a 1240kg will be very nnice indeed. And considering the stage 1 cars manage 13.5 secondf 1/4 miles at the pod with more than a few of them getting low 5 second 0-60's @ GTI international i think stage 2 could be pretty impressive.  Maybe even sub 13 seconds with some weight loss action

Not seen a Stage 1 car do a 13.5 Sy?  :confused: This is the quickest one i've seen and as you can see, it's far from just Stage 1..
uprated pads, Torque Technique custom exhaust , custom Green cotton air filter, rear seats removed, front seats, OMP, 4 point belts OMP, intercooler water spray system, REVO 220bhp remap, Team Dynamics Prorace 1.2 alloys and Toyo 888 tyres, KW V3 coilovers

Not taking anything away from them, as a 13.4 is pretty awesome for a 1.4. But I would be suprised to see one do a 12 sec 1/4 without a lot more mods/power.. They jump off the line though and with them being lowish power and light weight, can use 1st gear (unlike Stage 2+ KO4's  :sad1:)..

the torque techniks 'custom ' exhaust is just a cat back exhaust so will give F-all gains, panel filters give f-all gains  id be pretty certain hes not running 225hp on the standard intake.  the only performance gains hes got are from his stage 1 map and the weight loss.  the intercooler water spray system isnt internal, it just sprays on the outside of the intercooler, so it'd be nowhere near as effective as a better intercooler or WMI.

There are a couple more guys in Ibizas running below 14 with stage 1 iirc.  Dont get so worried we all know yours is quicker :P :grin:

Dont forget pretty much all the guys on here with ed30s were all above 13seconds before they started the weight saving, slick tyres,  and LSDs etc etc(oh and their stage 2+ 350hp 2.0T's)

Il be hppy to get below 14seconds.  But if the guy in that vid you linked fits stage 2 and an intake and the intercooler he'll easily break into the 12's

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:49:43 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »
We will know for sure at the pod and inters this year!

susprised you let the sanspeed morons touch your car! Im not sure how they make money either!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mv988oivnigft1kv1kppukkuj5&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:52:42 pm »
Someone called Innerchild is trying to get 500bhp out of his 1.4!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:53:48 pm »
Someone called Innerchild is trying to get 500bhp out of his 1.4!

:surprised:

Build thread?  :party:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mv988oivnigft1kv1kppukkuj5&/topic,19740.0.html

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 05:56:37 pm »
We will know for sure at the pod and inters this year!

susprised you let the sanspeed morons touch your car! Im not sure how they make money either!

Ive read nothing but positive about sanspeed tbh.  They only ran it on the dyno though, nothing else.  I watched him set it all up, they run it exactly like JKM, as in no rising it up off the rollers etc like PDT says is correct as it gives around 10-15% higher figures from what i gather.  He says he'll only  let a car rise up if its running big power.

Dont think the guy in that link is after any more power from what i gather so maybe we'll never know.  #

that guys oncream world.  why buy a 1.4 to get 500hp. im not even going to bother reading that :laugh:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 07:41:48 pm »
At bruntingthorpe in November on the Revo test day on the vbox their Ibiza running Stage 1 did  0-60 in 6.0 seconds two up, I'd have more faith in the vbox than inters timing

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 08:36:27 pm »
At bruntingthorpe in November on the Revo test day on the vbox their Ibiza running Stage 1 did  0-60 in 6.0 seconds two up, I'd have more faith in the vbox than inters timing

Me too bud.. They are rapid little things to 60mph, mainly due to the fact they aren't running daft power through the front wheels so are able to use 1st gear and get grip. Couple that with DSG and you have little weapon on your hands. Where they will struggle a bit is from 80-90mph onwards being a 1.4. But as Sy says, for little mods and a 1.4, they will scare bigger things off the traffic lights, that's for sure..  :scared:
The same fella off the first vid did some testing with Redline @ Brunters too and managed a 13.1 0-100, which again is very respectable..   :congrats:

And a 141 top speed run...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:46:55 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 08:44:58 pm »
Il be hppy to get below 14seconds.  

I'd be amazed if you didn't mate tbh.. They seem to be able to break into the 13's quite easily to be fair. I bet they can get cracking 60ft times :laugh:
Will you run it though?  :wink:
I tell you what though, running mid to low 13's is one thing, getting into the 12's is another..  :scared: I managed a 13.2 at Stage 1, and it took all the rest of the additions and Stage 2+ to get that extra 3/10ths.. The terminal speeds were massively different though, which is what shows how quick a car is once moving..
Need to have a go in one of these TSI's  :wink: Might tap Blade up at the next RR day...  :wink:

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »
Need to have a go in one of these TSI's  :wink: Might tap Blade up at the next RR day...  :wink:

I was thinking the same thing, Ben  :wink:

The Mrs has a 1.4TSI GT but its a manual and only 140bhp so not realy comparible..

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 10:27:49 pm »

Ive read nothing but positive about sanspeed tbh.  They only ran it on the dyno though, nothing else.  I watched him set it all up, they run it exactly like JKM, as in no rising it up off the rollers etc like PDT says is correct as it gives around 10-15% higher figures from what i gather.  He says he'll only  let a car rise up if its running big power.

Allowing the car to pull away from the idler roller is the correct way to use a DynoDynamics dyno, as per their training, manuals and training videos on youtube, but wont get into that now.

As for the car reading a higher % figure, it wont necessarily, you allow it to pull away from the rear roller to ensure the vehicle isnt strapped too tight. If you strap a 100hp car stupidly tight it may make just 80hp (hypothetical figures) tjen as you slowly remove the tension in the straps the power will reach a point where no matter how much you loosen the straps off, the power remains the same, this isnt necessarily the point at which the tyre leaves the rear roller, as long as the contact with the rear roller is only light it will barely affect power. You strap the car with the highest amount of tension that doesn't cause a power loss. The reason for this is to ensure that you dont overtension the straps and give a falsely low power figure.

Strapping higher power cars vs lower power cars is another subject completely...... 

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 10:06:52 am »
The guy @ Sanspeed said id be making a fair few Hp more if it started to run up the rollers.  It made stock figures which i was expecting.  Unlike alot of the guys on SCN who make 190+hp@ AMD and awesome-GTI.

ill definitely be running at the pod at some point.  I wont go ape like you guys do chasing the 12s, although thats no guarantee :innocent: but its going to get smashed on track days.

The Mrs has a 1.4TSI GT but its a manual and only 140bhp so not realy comparible..

but with a remap your car will do this

thats some impressive gains