Make a donation

Author Topic: What's involved with fitting a Highline display and is it worth doing?  (Read 7722 times)

Offline m4t_lee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 0
I have the half height and was wondering if it's a major arse ache fitting the Highline display and what I get from doing it?

Cheers,

Mat
06 Shadow Blue GTI

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
second post the lou has put up is well worth paying attention too, the next key questions is what age is your car, and is it a GTI?  as that determines how difficult they are to find, also the most difficult thing is getting the immobiliser detail swopped over.  If you have a VCDS scan of your cluster number thats the best palce to start and we can advice from there, its definately worth it.

especially if you have a nav unit or bluetooth.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Dammit Rich! I have Nav, Bluetooth 729 and no highline! Help! I can feel myself weakening.....

Seriously my midline is 964 so if you get a line on a highline 974 pm me!
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline kalu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
I have the half height and was wondering if it's a major arse ache fitting the Highline display and what I get from doing it?

Cheers,

Mat

Cluster swap is straight forward, just make sure you find the correct variant for your car..

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
I bought a Higline cluster But it was the wrong one for my car,
Part Number is 1K6920 974,
I have to sell it and try and find one that will be suitable for a 2005 GTI

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
I bought a Higline cluster But it was the wrong one for my car,
Part Number is 1K6920 974,
I have to sell it and try and find one that will be suitable for a 2005 GTI

Well looks like we have a match made in heaven here, Lou speak to Captain Britain and GTLee who knows a guy that can do cluster swops on 974 immo's  :happy2:

Captain Britain, what part number is your cluster?  Is it a 962?  I have an idea I have been thinking of testing out and I can experiment on your behalf if you would like  :smiley:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Captain Britain, what part number is your cluster?  Is it a 962?  I have an idea I have been thinking of testing out and I can experiment on your behalf if you would like  :smiley:

The one i'm selling is  1K6 920 974

The one i need is  1K6 920 972

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
I'll take that 974. Pm sent. And damn you for tempting me Rich :evilgrin:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
I'll take that 974. Pm sent. And damn you for tempting me Rich :evilgrin

you won't regret mate the highline is SO much better than midline which I had before my upgrade.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
I,ve wanted one for a while, Lee. Just sheer coincidence that one's come up.

I understand that the fitting & immobiliser stuff is something you can sort?

Offline m4t_lee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
how do i know what i have and what i need? it's an 06 reg gti if that helps?
06 Shadow Blue GTI

Offline Richn83

• Thank You

You really need to get the car scanned with VCDS to confirm the part number you have, I dont know about the MY cut overs but 05-55 reg cars are 962 parts for midline and can be codded so you might be alright with an early 06 reg, but 963 and onwards requires a slightly more specalised job.  But it can be done as Lee managed to track someone down who could do it.

Lee sorry for keep on putting your name out in these posts but short of paying hazzydays a lot of money you seem to know the guy to sort these people out  :notworthy:

Offline short

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1

The one i'm selling is  1K6 920 974

The one i need is  1K6 920 972

Hey Cap Britain,
If you're open to getting one from the states, "paulkots@Eastcoast" on vwvortex has got an 06 GTI cluster with part #1K6 920 972E up for sale  :smiley:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4618198-Parting-Out-2009-GTI-2.0T-TSI-w-DSG&p=70258315&viewfull=1#post70258315

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14

You really need to get the car scanned with VCDS to confirm the part number you have, I dont know about the MY cut overs but 05-55 reg cars are 962 parts for midline and can be codded so you might be alright with an early 06 reg, but 963 and onwards requires a slightly more specalised job.  But it can be done as Lee managed to track someone down who could do it.

Lee sorry for keep on putting your name out in these posts but short of paying hazzydays a lot of money you seem to know the guy to sort these people out  :notworthy:

Its not a problem Rich this is what this forums is about,I've been helped many times and informed which saved me a packet so I don't see why not share.

gtlee :happy2:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................