Make a donation

Author Topic: US smooth grill part number?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline nossi_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
US smooth grill part number?
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »
Hi everyone, I apologise if this has been covered before but i've searched and can't seem to find it! I know awesome gti sell the US spec smooth GTI grills, but at a cost.  I heard you can get them direct from VW, and therefore can you get them from TPS? If so does anyone have the part number handy? Many thanks in advance  :happy2:

BDM intake, Miltek d/pipe + decat, Blueflame R32 catback with custom non-res centre pipe, Forge twintercooler, Rev D dv, Forge bov, Forge dv hose, NGK Iridium plugs, APR HPFP, RS4 FPR, P-Torque stage 3 map, 362bhp/350lb/ft, KW V1 coilovers, R32 rear bumper, US front grille, open fog vents and a few other little changes :D

psw mk5

Re: US smooth grill part number?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »
1KO-853-653-B-VW8  from awesome I got mine  :happy2:

Offline nossi_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:33 pm »
1KO-853-653-B-VW8  from awesome I got mine  :happy2:

Yeah i was going to buy mine from awesome but im sure i read somewhere you can get it from vw and its cheaper, and then even cheaper again at TPS! Ill try vw with that part number and if all else fails ill have to just get it from awesome.  Thanks for the reply  :smiley:

BDM intake, Miltek d/pipe + decat, Blueflame R32 catback with custom non-res centre pipe, Forge twintercooler, Rev D dv, Forge bov, Forge dv hose, NGK Iridium plugs, APR HPFP, RS4 FPR, P-Torque stage 3 map, 362bhp/350lb/ft, KW V1 coilovers, R32 rear bumper, US front grille, open fog vents and a few other little changes :D

psw mk5

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:58:47 pm »
Can't remember off the top of my head how much etc it's still in bubble wrap in spare room that's how I got part no so quick..... Think Dean who used to work at awesome said they have to order in from the U.S.  :happy2: how true I don't know

Offline nossi_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »
Yeah ordering from the US would make sense, i must admit i was quite suprised when i read somewhere you can buy them at your local dealership.  Ill probably pop in to VW tomorow with the part number and theyll give me directions to the nearest airport ha! Then ill order one off awesome  :happy2:

Offline nossi_ed30

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »
Just for anyone whos intrested, went to TPS today and they do stock the us front grill, for the bargain price of 76 pound  :happy2:

psw mk5

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:31 pm »
Glad you got sorted mate Stockport branch I could have got you 10% off as well .. It's not what you know  :drinking: but to be fair didn't know they stocked

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:18:32 pm »
Are you sure that the correct part number, when I ordered my US Spec GTI Grill it was 1K0 853 651 H VW8  :confused:

Also the list price inc VAT is now £125.83.

Part number 1K0 853 653 B VW8 comes up as a Jetta GLI Grill so should fit but won't have the GTI badge.

psw mk5

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:24 pm »
Are you sure that the correct part number, when I ordered my US Spec GTI Grill it was 1K0 853 651 H VW8  :confused:

Also the list price inc VAT is now £125.83.

Part number 1K0 853 653 B VW8 comes up as a Jetta GLI Grill so should fit but won't have the GTI badge.
your right steve mine didn't come with the GTI badge but no big iss as I've got spares  :grin: