Make a donation

Author Topic: Beattie's 4motion - NEW UPDATES!  (Read 22215 times)

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Beattie's 4motion - NEW UPDATES!
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:47 pm »
Hey everyone,

New to this forum and I have recently purchased a nice 2.0 GT TDI 4motion in Black.
60K on clock and comes with standard features by the looks of it. I have a lot of mods in mind going on what I've seen many of you all doing so keep popping by and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as it progresses! :grin:

Beattie  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:38:31 pm by Beattie »
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Craig's 4motion Tdi
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:39 am »
Right so here it goes ...

First day getting my Golf and took it up to a local park so some rubbish snaps i must admit haha but here she is standard!

Forget the mk4 lol

Basicly the model I have has a good spec i'd say looking at some other TDi's but could have been better... Came with the Highline clocks, Ipod dock, Centre Armrest and the RCD500 i think?

I added the GT badge insert onto my steering wheel instead of the plain

My first big mod was new alloy wheels, I was looking for something quite cheap at the time and managed to get my hands on these Replica R32 alloys, Looked alright i'd say but still not happy.

Next mod came from 1000 mile round trip from home! and I drove the whole way! (I was down in the area so thought why not)

Pressed Plates from Dubmeister.

Next was the introductiong of POLAR FIS. Thanks to Golfman (Scott) for supplying and fitting this.

Next up again thanks to Scott,

Front Footwell lighting... Looks great at night and makes it look a bit more modern than it is.

After a short spell on the R32's I decided it was time for a change! Wheels were ok but a bit scuffed and I wasnt really happy with it so a good offer came along and I'm sure the seller appreciates how much i bit his hand off haha.

Genuine set of Scirocco wheels with Goodyear and Pirelli tyres. Still in brand new condition i'd say.

Whilst on these snaps you may notice I have also have my rear valance changed to the GTI model, Also it has been colour coded and smoothed to give a better look, looks great imo. Also added that same day were the mudflaps which again small but what a difference it can make.

So at the moment thats it for me. Next on list is defo a remap from Star Performance, hopefully reach the 190bhp sort of power.

More to Follow!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:57:14 am by CraigDavieBeattie »
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:30:44 pm »
Very nice Craig just how mine started :happy2:

I think you will be looking more around the 180bhp (maybe a bit less with the 4motion)at Star I think Scotts is around 188 but he seems to have a very sweet engine, my hybrid'd Golf with very low boost is on 196bhp but 325ft lb torq clutch change soon then I can go more on the power :evilgrin:

Keep it coming mate :happy2: Ill be up a couple of months to see Scott and Nicola so we'll have to have a mini meet at Scotts :grin:

Darren

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »
It looks a very good spec to be honest!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:59:33 pm »
Thanks Darren and Joe on your comments. Positivity is all good haha! The mini meet sounds good!! Will get to see what your Golfs like in the flesh lol. I wasnt sure what the 4motion would possibly reach but I did speak with them at Star and they said as there's two diff engines? mines being the better which is PD? not sure what it means but they said I should reach at the the least 185 no bother depending on how well my engine runs. So here's hoping. I did ask them regarding the 4motion set up and the guy said not to worry.
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »
Very nice, looks like its been well looked after  :happy2:

I'd of loved to have had the 4motion - but they'd stopped doing them when I bought mine.  Very rare, you don't come across many for sale!!!

You got any plans for it? (Apart from the remap)

:happy2:

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »
Thanks, Yeah it was an ex company car going by the service history.. every little thing paid for and replaced by the same company. Hopefully a mature woman had it lol she might not of thrashed it haha. Well to be honest at the time when it came up for sale I was actually waiting for the GT Sport to come in and the guy foned me saying this is in same week and i thought hmmm 4 wheel drive sounds good and havent seen many of them around either!! only seen one more since i got it actually. So opted for that.

My plans are to get rear footwell lightning to go with front, i hope to get the ed30 rear lights and the black gti headlights or maybe xenons in the future..
Theres much more, front fogs, upgrade to the RNS, tpms i thinks next and gti steering wheel too. Love the shape of it! gives much more of a sporty look. Not gona lower it as my wheels are gens and a bit wide so will have some arch problems! rubs easy as it is so dodging the pot holes more often than ever haha.

Golfman (Scott) is the man with all the ideas so whatever he throws at me im sure if ive got the money there and then i'll do it! haha.

Got myself a Vortex front lip off here so to get that soon aswell.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:09:47 pm by CraigDavieBeattie »
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:01:42 pm »
About bloody time you got the pictures up!!!!

cars looking well sweet especially the wheels :wink:

you have come a long way from the standard look and you can still add so much more to it too

keep up the good work bud

scott :happy2:

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 07:07:59 pm »
You made the right decision - you can change how the car looks but you can't add 4motion!

Sounds like you've got some nice plans too - alot of which i have done.

:happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:58 pm »
looks really nice Craig--go well with a remap...then lowering it :happy2:

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
good progress. anything else planned?
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 12:38:28 am »
Thanks all. Ive stated above Shaun on what im looking to do next, sorry but its a long list to re type lol
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »
Just an update with two new mods to score off the list... Got myself a really good upgrade yesterday to an RNS-510. Must say what a difference from the MFD2.

Before:

After:

Also got a front Votex splitter/valance too...

Then just a few snaps on a nice day!!

MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline ali6n2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 09:00:51 pm »
u got that painted pretty quick mate, didnt know you had a 4motion, looks awesome! what you doing power wise, I reckon with the 4wd a lot of potential

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »
Looking great craig its starting to look like the black version of what mine used to look like :happy2:

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...