Author Topic: Wotbox  (Read 1680 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Wotbox
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:08:51 pm »
Anyone have any experience of these with launch and no lift shift. Are they worth it?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Re: Wotbox
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:16 pm »
Decided to keep the car then mate  :wink:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »
For what there selling for at the moment i'd be crazy to sell so yes mate. Got myself a new hpfp, itg and some r32 fronts, left de cat on any way so not much to do really. I'll put it back on next week then put settings back to 2+ :driver:

Offline PSItuning

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • PSItuning.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:20 pm »
here's a nice youtube vid of one on a Mk5 GTI

http://www.psituning.com

Suppliers of ECS Tuning, Milltek, KW, AP, Revo, Forge, Wavetrac, Brembo, Superpro, Newsouth, CTS Turbo, Powerflex, VWR, Jetex, Polybush, Vibratechnics, K&N, Green Filters, Tarox, Meguiars, H&R, Eibach to name a few!

Offline cupra_k1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »
You hear a few horror stories about them causing problems and destroying engines, but i've had one fitted for over two years now and never had any problems although I don't use it all that often. The launch control feature I've only used a handful of times but the flat shift I used a fair bit.

I would fit a de-cat downpipe before installing a wotbox as it will more than likely melt your cat if you sit there on the launch control like the scally's on youtube.

They do work well, but on an every day road car I don't think they're of any real benefit. If 1/4 mile drag strips are your thing then yes they are worthwhile.

Offline Aweful_Truth

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:37 am »
I've not heard of these, what is it/ does it do?
To Bad, So Sad, Bye Bye!

Offline RS6BRIT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 05:43:01 am »
I've not heard of these, what is it/ does it do?

They have 2 functions. The first is launch control, it basically cuts the spark at alternating plugs at their firing point at the revs that you set that you want to be able to launch at. For example if you launch at 3500rpm, then you'd hold down the clutch, hold the gas to the floor at the engine would build revs until it hits 3500rpm. At that point it would start to cut random sparks to prevent the engine reving any higher. The advantage of this is that the throttle is wide open and as such your making boost prior to lifting the clutch, this means bogging down is less likley.

The second function is the no lift shift. This means you can change gear without coming off the gas. At full throttle you simply keep the gas to the floor when you clutch and shift. As you press the clutch it cuts the sparks for a millisecond or two. Again this means that between shifts the throttle is wide open meaning that the boost dosnt fall away or get dumped by the DV, and so you get no (or very little) lag.

I had one fitted to my MPS and it was great, relatively simple to fit if your confident with a soldering iron. For the money I'd say they're worth it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:46:16 am by RS6BRIT »
LEON CUPRA FOR SALE