Make a donation

Author Topic: Possibly Good News.. For Everybody  (Read 12708 times)

Offline Broomy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Possibly Good News.. For Everybody
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 11:19:38 pm »
Happy days, trip to the stealers very soon :)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »
Just spoke to customer services and they confirmed they have not changed their overall stance on this warranty claim, but each case is treated individually. Hence my 75% contribution is the max I can expect from
Vw
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline tcukcufc

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »
If its under warranty how can they refuse to sort it 100% if it meets all the paint depth criteria etc? Have mine booked in to be looked at in Cambridge and I expect nothing less than 100% from VW to sort it.

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:38 am »
went in this morning to ask about this, apparently what they pay is dependant on the age. on mine (2006) they won't contribute more than 50%, and that's subject to there been no paintwork repairs or even slight damage to the panel.

will be easier just to buy a wing of eBay and get it done by a local body shop I reckon
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:16 am »
Who ever said VW where helpful must of been lying, Bunch of idiots.

Offline Mitch199024

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 03:40:09 pm »
I was offered 75% by dealer! wasn't happy rang up vw customer service and moaned about what's the point in warranty if your not willing to pay 100%. I said I'm not happy with the service and won't be buying a vw again. A week later I had a call from vw saying they are willing to pay the full amount and that I'd get a call from my local dealer in the next 2 weeks to get it booked in.

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
went in this morning to ask about this, apparently what they pay is dependant on the age. on mine (2006) they won't contribute more than 50%, and that's subject to there been no paintwork repairs or even slight damage to the panel.

will be easier just to buy a wing of eBay and get it done by a local body shop I reckon
mines is a 05 and I got full contribution. Both wings were bubbled and there was no mention of only part contribution. Had no hassle whatsoever, not sure if this is down to the dealership. It seems ridiculous that there is no definite answer on this from vw!

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »
Its a bit unfair that people seem to be getting different treatment from VW over this given everyone is suffering the same problem. Anyway I think I'd probably just go for something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-passenger-side-front-wing-LC9Z-Diamond-Black-VW-Golf-MK5-2004-2009-/331177306748 and fit myself, but not going to rush out as it isn't urgent.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 10:47:35 am »
Its been a few weeks, but I finally have a result!

Went into VW yesterday in Burton on Trent with my V5 to update my details on the system. Gave VW Parkway in Derby a call back this morning (thought ld give them a bit of time for their systems to update). Spoke to Chris Davey who is the guy who originally did the paint measurements and took the pictures for me. VW have authorised the replacement wings, fitted, painted, blended etc... with 100% contribution from themselves. Im made up. I figured that as the car is new to me they would fob me off with "50% blah blah blah 'car hasnt been serviced by VW' blah blah blah 'no customer loyalty' blah blah blah" but l made a point of telling VW UK when l rejected the original 50% offer that my last 3 cars have been Golfs, that l knew about the email mentioned in the original post, this seemed to swing things in my favour.
Car is booked in for 19th May.

If you get a 50% offer I would ring up VW UK, and kick up a fuss. Ive owned my current car for 3 weeks, so the history of ownership, VW service history etc made no difference in my claim, so shouldnt in anyone elses.

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 11:12:34 am »
I agree. I only had the car a couple months and had no connection with the dealership I used.

I think if you argue your case with vw enough they should give in. For it being a warranty issue and a very common one, it's crazy that people are getting told different things from different dealerships. Surely if it's under warranty the only acceptable thing if full contribution!

Offline Juicetin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »
Very good that you're getting blending paid for aswell, somehow. VW have told me this is an absolute no-no and even with 100% paid for replacement wings they will not cover blending.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »
Good news from myself too.. had a phone call this morning saying i have been authorised to have my wing replaced / painted etc 100% free. If it helps anyone within the North East area / Darlington / Teeside / Middlesborough etc i spoke with the Paint warranty fella called Jason Pattison and went in to see him, explained in a pleasant manner what the problem was, service i've received previously and mentioned the email i was sent by the Head of parts of VW on another forum and it seems to have worked out well for me.. If anyone would like the phone number of said warranty person above, PM me and i can PM you it when i get chance  :happy2:

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 02:00:36 pm »
My golfs lowered, I assume I have no chance?
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »
Mines is lowered and I had no problem

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »
Mine went it on air ride and mercedes wheels...