Make a donation

Author Topic: Site Update 24/04/09 - New Feature & For Sale Section Changes  (Read 1716 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Hello Mk5GolfGTI.co.uk memebers,

We have a couple of changes we wanted to bring you up to date on that have been completed on the site today.

1 - For Sale Section

Following member feedback we have made some changes to the For Sale section. The section is now open to new posts once more but  the following new restrictions/rules apply from today: -

i. You must have a minimum post count of 25 to start a new For Sale Thread.

ii. Only items you are directly selling should be listed in the for sale section, if you wish to link a eBay auction or an advertisement from another site or forum please use the new child board - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=38.0

iii. The general posting rules remain the same with the key thing being an asking or minimum/guide price for the item must be included in the listing, any listings without this will be locked or removed my the moderators.

iv. Please once an item is sold it must be updated to include [ SOLD ] in the title and locked.

v. Inactivate threads will be purged/deleted after 14 days.

2 - Power to Weight Ratio System

We found this didn't meet our expectations so have replaced this with a more advanced "Thanks" system. Similar that found on some other forum software.

This works in a similar way but give you the ability to see what post the "thanks" for given for and who by.

So if a member posts something useful and you want to say thanks just click on the "thanks" option on the top of the post (highlighted below)

The system will also show how many times you have thanked someone.

The "thanks" system will be available in the relevant sections only.

3 - Other Changes

Due to our continual growth we have had to upgrade of server hosting package once more, this will result is a bit of downtime for the site sometime early next week, this should be no longer than 1 hour but I can't be 100% sure when this will be. This change will allow us to expand the site even further and maintain the good response times  :smiley:

A new child board in the Detail and Photogrpahy section has been created for all the photography posts, I have moved some of the recent threads to get this section started.

We have also started the process of cleaning up some old posts in the random chat section, so don't be suprised if the section post count drops over the next couple of days.

As always thanks for you support and contribution to the site and if you have any suggestions then please let us know in the normal ways.

Thanks,

SteveP  :drinking:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:34:37 pm by SteveP »