Make a donation

Author Topic: anyone drove/own a vw scirocco?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline dannymk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
anyone drove/own a vw scirocco?
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »
helloo

just wondering if anyone has drove or own a scirocco i own a 1.4 golf mk5 and was looking to upgrade to a mk5 gt but i just dont think the jump between the two cars is big enough, i think they will be to similar after a few months and i will get bored again.

i would love a golf gti but i really want a diesel so i have been looking at he rocco GT 2.0

just wondering if anyone thinks this is the right choice any comments pros and cons about the rocco or if theres another vw i should look at before i make the switch.

thanks!  :notworthy:

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: anyone drove/own a vw scirocco?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:45 pm »
I had a 2.0 TDI Scirocco in GT spec for a while. Really, really nice car, but I'd go for the 1.4TSI version.

Offline Geoffcapes

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:55 pm »
I ve got a 2.0 ltr GT scirocco. I love it people look at where ever u go, it's a great fun car to drive.

The downside is visibility is poor inside the rear window is small and the b pillar is very large. Also ppl in the back don't get as much room as in a golf and may feel clostrophbic as the roof line slopes down above there head.

These things don't bother me, I just love the way the Scirocco looks!  :smiley:
Shadow blue Scirocco, Apr stage 2, bcs TBE, forge pipework, led DRLs , H & R lowering springs, custom front bumper, colour coded side skirts.

Offline Geoffcapes

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »
Mine is petrol tho. :happy2: and it is now stage 2! :pomppomp:
Shadow blue Scirocco, Apr stage 2, bcs TBE, forge pipework, led DRLs , H & R lowering springs, custom front bumper, colour coded side skirts.

Offline dannymk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:12 am »
thank you all for your feed back....

i really love the look of it its much more mean looking and lower than the golf.

can i ask andrew why would you say to get the 1.4 version instead of the 2.0 gt?

Offline Geoffcapes

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:58:48 am »
Oh standard the scirocco also sits too high, so needs lowering to make it sit better!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:02 pm »
thank you all for your feed back....

i really love the look of it its much more mean looking and lower than the golf.

can i ask andrew why would you say to get the 1.4 version instead of the 2.0 gt?

The 2.0 TDI seems to command a significant premium over the petrol versions, so if you wanted a compromise between economy and initial outlay it might make more sense. It is a really nice package whatever engine you choose though.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »
You need to be looking at lowering the roc to get it looking right and it needs a healthy drop which compromised its practicality (mk6 dropped has more underbody clearance)

1.4 has been a mixed bag on the reliability front and in reality not much better on fuel than the 2.0tsi, 140tdi is strong money and available in GT spec

I've been driving a mapped 140tdi in a sharan for a few days and it's a really refined engine and bar lack of revs hard to tell its a derv

Scirocco is an itch worth scratchin

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
I loved mine for the 4 months I had it. Mine was in the dealer being repaired for half of that though, so it went back!!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:48 pm »
Great car. All the engines are good, not driven the 1.4TSI but have in other cars.

Cant really go wrong with any of them. I've been looking to scratch the itch but saving for a house deposit is killing me  :fighting:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633