Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***  (Read 39920 times)

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
Re: revo users - select plus?
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2009, 09:14:57 pm »
ah, shame, bit far for me tomorrow..
Distance: 132.25 miles, about 2 hours 27 mins

still in two mines about the switch.. what are the standard settings?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2009, 09:16:47 pm »
ah, shame, bit far for me tomorrow..
Distance: 132.25 miles, about 2 hours 27 mins

still in two mines about the switch.. what are the standard settings?

you should have been given a printout with your settings on  :confused: its about 2 hours for me  :signLOL: to dub show

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2009, 09:17:58 pm »
nope didnt, didnt know everyone did???

ah too far, cant b arsed.. :D

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2009, 10:23:33 pm »
For 98 octane the default setting is B6 T5 F9.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2009, 10:50:32 pm »

I'm not saying don't get a SelectPlus but I wouldn't "experiment" with the settings without being absolutely sure what you are doing. Every individual car is different and it also depends which other performance mods you have.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »
Read the manual and just be careful not to go too silly - especially with the timing in hotter weather.

The levels you can adjust to are all with the cars limits as long as you know what you are doing.

Plus definately worth it

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2009, 12:17:30 am »
if i dont have vag com then how do i know i can change the settings safely. how do i know what i should put them too.. i guess i can only get advice from you/others that have done it

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2009, 07:43:26 am »
^^^ Every car is different and will react differently to the settings, so I would not recommend possibly copying another members settings. Although, sure similar principles will apply, so you can take their advice.

I would seek the advice of your tuner. If you feel the need to change the settings, then have a word with them. They should have datalogged your car in the first place to set it up with the correct settings, so they should have an idea regarding what a change would do to the car.

But as people have said, ideally you would want VCDS whenever you want to make a change.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2009, 08:19:24 am »
Others can give you an idea of what is 'best' but if you then wanted to play further than this you have to take other things into consideration - mods/ambient temp/weather etc and VCDS comes into play.

I think the default settings were 549 or 449, and the 98RON default was 659 ( I think).  From experience most cars running 98/99RON are ok running upto timing 6, occasionally 7 (but loggin advised just to check, or dont run it for long).  Boost you can generally run what you like but they do work better altered together in most cases.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2009, 10:04:54 am »

if i dont have vag com then how do i know i can change the settings safely. how do i know what i should put them too.. i guess i can only get advice from you/others that have done it

....Do you really think it's wise to adjust your settings because of what some guy on an internet car forum advised or suggested?

For example, a F9 setting might be better for one car but not for another. It's a complicated balance best left to experts like Revo themselves or their better agents unless you're a pro tuner yourself like Nick of R-Tech.

There are likely to be long term effects if you get it wrong. You don't want to run long term with fuelling too rich or too lean for example. The ECU may protect to some degree but it all has knock-on effects.

The switch is merely a convenience. For example, after a session on JKM's dyno and their study of data later, they might phone to advise me to change a setting without me needing to drive 2 hrs to visit.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2009, 10:08:12 am »

Boost you can generally run what you like but they do work better altered together in most cases.

....Have you sorted out your turbo problem yet, neg?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:28 am »

^^^ Every car is different and will react differently to the settings, so I would not recommend possibly copying another members settings. Although, sure similar principles will apply, so you can take their advice.

I would seek the advice of your tuner. If you feel the need to change the settings, then have a word with them. They should have datalogged your car in the first place to set it up with the correct settings, so they should have an idea regarding what a change would do to the car.

.... x 2 - Exactly!

Certainly listen to what others have to say but don't rely on their settings - Consult your tuner.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2009, 10:20:04 am »
When running a modded car VCDS should be on the purchase list anyway.

The Select Plus is a bargain at that price.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2009, 11:03:42 am »

....Pointless unless you know what you are doing - You do, I'm led to believe - I don't.

Quite a few people are wannabe tuners and fancy they know but don't really know enough. You appear to know a lot more than most other non-professionals and I, for one, will always listen to your advice. However...

I run a modded car and have no use for VCDS for my own use. I would rather buy you a beer (or whatever) to change my lighting settings or similar via VCDS but I wouldn't let you near my tuning settings even though you have much valuable knowledge. Unless of course you were a Revo or JKM employee.

:smiley:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:55 am »

....Pointless unless you know what you are doing - You do, I'm led to believe - I don't.

Quite a few people are wannabe tuners and fancy they know but don't really know enough. You appear to know a lot more than most other non-professionals and I, for one, will always listen to your advice. However...

I run a modded car and have no use for VCDS for my own use. I would rather buy you a beer (or whatever) to change my lighting settings or similar via VCDS but I wouldn't let you near my tuning settings even though you have much valuable knowledge. Unless of course you were a Revo or JKM employee.

:smiley:

Well so long as you have deep enough pockets to cover your words of wisdom that is fine.  Most don't and they like to know what their car is doing.

When people don't have VCDS and run a modded car is when you get random posts like my CEL came on what is it??
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available