Make a donation

Author Topic: Skoda Fabia estate Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI  (Read 1403 times)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
Skoda Fabia estate Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these at all? Might be looking at one of these and just wondered if they are any good. Obviously not in the same league as a GTI, but any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Skoda Fabia estate Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:16:56 pm »
don't have one, but have seen a few

they are popular and look better than the standard models, i found the dash not as nice as in the polo. As a mini estate they don't have a vw model to compare against.
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline phillips

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83810.msg861989.html#msg861989
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:23:02 pm »
Mrs has got the hatchback 105hp it's a cracking little motor  :happy2: we managed to find one with all the toys too! RNS315 bluetooth, full maxi dot, MDI only thing it's missing is climate and cruise control if they even did them with these?

It had 6k on the clock when we got it last march.

Ive just recently done 10k service on it and fitted BMC filter. Mrs loves it and I think it's a great little car to drive but find first gear is sluggish and it doesn't move much. We both short shift first because it moves off a little better in 2nd when you get your toe down.

Fuel figures from the book are the usual optimistic figures. Her journey to work is 5 miles each way she averages about 37mpg and on a run sitting at motorway speeds its see around 43mpg. We only run it on v-power and the like not sure it makes any difference but she says it runs a little smoother.

DRL's have an on off switch in with the fuse box under the steering wheel if you don't want to use them. The dealer didn't even know what DRL's were when I asked why they weren't on  :signLOL:

Quality is the expected standard from Skoda (My thoughts are they are very good) Interior and Exterior

Cant think of anything else to mention at this point! Ask away if you want anything else about it  :happy2:
VW Jetta DSG, Revo Stage 2, Some Mods Nothing Exciting!

Full VCDS for anyone that needs a little help :)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 10:49:01 pm »
Mrs has got the hatchback 105hp it's a cracking little motor  :happy2: we managed to find one with all the toys too! RNS315 bluetooth, full maxi dot, MDI only thing it's missing is climate and cruise control if they even did them with these?

It had 6k on the clock when we got it last march.

Ive just recently done 10k service on it and fitted BMC filter. Mrs loves it and I think it's a great little car to drive but find first gear is sluggish and it doesn't move much. We both short shift first because it moves off a little better in 2nd when you get your toe down.

Fuel figures from the book are the usual optimistic figures. Her journey to work is 5 miles each way she averages about 37mpg and on a run sitting at motorway speeds its see around 43mpg. We only run it on v-power and the like not sure it makes any difference but she says it runs a little smoother.

DRL's have an on off switch in with the fuse box under the steering wheel if you don't want to use them. The dealer didn't even know what DRL's were when I asked why they weren't on  :signLOL:

Quality is the expected standard from Skoda (My thoughts are they are very good) Interior and Exterior

Cant think of anything else to mention at this point! Ask away if you want anything else about it  :happy2:

Thanks for that, sounds encouraging. I know its gonna feel lacking after the two litre turbo of a GTI, I'm just concerned a 1.2 might feel too under powered compared to what I'm used to. I do like Skodas though and it does look good in the racing blue that I've seen. Guess I need to take a test drive to see what it really feels like.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline phillips

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83810.msg861989.html#msg861989
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:57:40 am »
Yeah don't even try to compare to the GTI as its definetley not as quick  :signLOL: Think some people are getting about 140 out of them with a stage one map.
VW Jetta DSG, Revo Stage 2, Some Mods Nothing Exciting!

Full VCDS for anyone that needs a little help :)