Make a donation

Author Topic: All interior electric window switches, interior door handles & headlight switch.  (Read 2019 times)

Offline T-bone

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Hi guys I'm looking to replace all the above myself. Bearing in mind I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything to do with cars.

My dad is/was a mechanic you see so whenever anything went wrong or I wanted something upgrading he was always my first port of call. He has however now retired & so I'm left to try these things for myself at the tender age of 39!!

So I need baby steps for all of this. I've got a gti 3 door & ive found both interior door handles for £50 on eBay. But I  can't find all the replacement switches though. All help will be muchly appreciated.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309

Offline T-bone

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Thanks Doyle. I've now found the switches on Ali express www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-quility-New-headlight-switch-mirror-switch-Window-Switch-for-Volkswagen-VW-passat-B6-Eos-Golf/32254704001.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.fPeqCy I've never used them to buy stuff before. Have you or anyone else had any experience from buying from them?

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Hi T-Bone sorry to cut in, but I'm currently in the process of the doing the exact same thing, I am also a very novice. I've managed to change the headlight switch myself, however am waiting on my mate to replace the handle trims, and switches. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161751737420?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT that's the set I bought, really quick delivery, don't think theyre genuine. Anything from Ali Express you usually wait anything up to 3 weeks.

Let me know how you get on, maybe I'll give it a bash myself!

Offline deedaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 5
I'm also a VW novice, been driving for years and never tinkered. This site is excellent, and some you tube videos have been helpful. 

So far Ive change the grab handle and found the videos on you tube really helpful, nothing beats watching how one does it. Try and search on VW Golf Mk5 door panel removal, which will then will show you how he removes the handles, this should give you some idea.

my 2 cents as a noob

Offline T-bone

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Hi guys. So I ordered the switches from Ali express on Feb 16th & they turned up on Friday last week. All perfect & couldn't believe that they only took just over a week to get here.

I've not had the chance to fit them yet as the combination of a bad back & being away for the weekend watching rugby isn't ideal.

The handles & the gti metal plates for the seat lift handles have all turned up too. Just waiting for a day when My back is feeling slightly better & hopefully a bit of sunshine too. I shall keep you updated. & if I can work out how to post pics I shall do before & afters on here too.

Offline T-bone

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
So just a test to see if I've worked out the photo uploader

This is the motor. Ignore the oil patches, they were from my dirty old tdi Bora.