Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Courtesy Car  (Read 8194 times)

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
VW Courtesy Car
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:14:09 pm »
Take my car in tommorrow at 8am for a service...

They wont let me have a courtesy car because im not 21  :surprised:

Can you get around this if you speak with the manager or with the Salesman who i bought the car from ???

Please help
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: VW Courtesy Car
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:35 pm »
tell them if you take it to Skoda they will give you a courtesy car for free!! If they refuse take your custom somewhere else...you can get your car serviced any where and they'll stamp your book.

Darren

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:22:11 pm »
What dealer is this? Not Huddersfield Vw as they are crap for loan cars try lightcliffe Vw or tell them the other dealers said that u can have a car so what u playing at

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »
prob be a part of there insurance deal i should think mate,   when i used Vw @ Doncaster i ended up with a beetle  :signLOL:  

could try asking again tomoz but they`ll prob tell you the same and all the courtesy cars will prob be booked upaswell.   :happy2:
Still Here!

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:32:27 pm »
Yes, VW Hudds,

Grrr... i'll persist at them tommorrow :mad:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:35:15 pm »
It will be there insurance comany rich. It's just easier for them and cheaper to not insure people under 21.

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:49:00 pm »
My local dealer said as long as im covered by my own insurance to drive courtesy cars its all good, if i wasnt i could pay something like £12 for the day, they never give me anything like a GTi, iv had a touran and a beetle last two times. I secretly enjoyed the beetle :wink:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 10:02:28 pm »
It will be there insurance comany rich. It's just easier for them and cheaper to not insure people under 21.

+ 1

Doesn't matter what you say mate as they won't let someone out in their car uninsured.  :chicken:

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 10:21:24 pm »
When I was younger and had an Ibiza I got caught out by the same thing, but luckily the salesman overheard and booked me in for a 24 hour test drive on a SEAT Arosa.  I think that insurance was underwritten by SEAT while the rest of the dealership runs off a seperate policy.

I know you'll probably end up with a 1.2 Fox but its gotta be worth a try  :smiley:
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline cuzmk5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 11:03:41 pm »
i got a brand new golf 1.4 when mine went back in to vw hudds, but gotta say they are the worst dealership i have ever dealt with. they still haven't sorted everything on the car that they said they was gonna do when i got the car back in august.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 12:14:31 am »
Just had a service at White Rose VW Crosshills and i got a 1.4s mk6 golf, i was actually very impressed!

I remember taking my saxo to citroen at 18 for a service and i had to add the courtesy car to my own policy for the day.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 12:19:31 am »
I'd go elsewhere to be honest if I were you - but I'd make a point of it with an audience I kicked off big style in Leeds VW once and then other customers who heard me joined in agreeing at how 'sheet' they are.. was very amusing.

Anyway I think they can give you a courtesy car if you use your own insurance (just take your docs etc in)

/rant
It seems these days like it's a 'privilege' to be able to get a courtesy car.. it never used to be difficult - I mean if you don't book a month in advance there are never any available anyway!
/end rant

Nasir

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 02:00:35 am »
Rich, go to wakefield VW. It's so much better. Huddersfield are awful and should be shut down!

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 07:58:42 am »
Your only going to get a basic polo anyway.. When I challenged my dealer on like for like,all she said was it was,nt fair on some granny getting a GTI as a loaner... :driver:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:06:05 am »
I'd go elsewhere to be honest if I were you - but I'd make a point of it with an audience I kicked off big style in Leeds VW once and then other customers who heard me joined in agreeing at how 'sheet' they are.. was very amusing.

Sounds really mature that :stupid:

I've always been more than happy with the service Huddersfield VW has given me. The policy of not giving under 21 year olds courtesy cars obviously exists for a reason, and yes I can imagine it could be inconvenient.

Regarding the point about a courtesy car being a 'privilege', well that's exactly what it is. Look the word courtesy up in a dictionary. Why exactly should a dealership supply a courtesy car to every Tom, Dick and Harry who is having a little bit of work done on their car?