All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

(1/14) > >>

Martk19871:
I have been meaning to get up a thread about my MK5 Golf GTI in Reflex Silver for a while after becoming slightly addicted to checking out other members rides on here. This is my second Golf, my last car was a MK4, I also have a Classis Beetle which is garaged, I will get a photo up of this as well, keeping it all rather VW  :happy2:

The car is still under warranty as it came from a dealership, most of what I add will be cosmetic for the time being.

56,000 miles
Cloth GTI Interior (I love the tartan!)
Convenience Pack (Auto wipers, Auto lights etc)
Cruise Control
DSG
Midline dash display
RCD300
17” Monza’s (these have been changed but are being kept for winter)

Bits I have added:

GTI seat handle inserts
Silver DSG paddle extensions
Phillips WhiteVision H7 dipped beam and side lights
OSRAM Night Vision HB4 Fog lights
Yellow full beam H7
18” BBS CH ET50 8.5j
Stubby areal
US Spec Front Grille with silver trim
Square front number plate
Aluminium rear badge vinyl inserts
Chrome Switches
Leather red stitched handbrake cover
R32 Tail Lights
OEM European Cup Holder
OEM Roof Rack
Kenwood DNX520VTB
Square front plate with plate bracket
Pressed metal number plates
Carbon Fiber wing mirror covers
Carbon Fiber rear badge inserts
Raised Gel Number Plates (Fullhouse Customs)
VW US Spec front number plate
VW Genuine Edition 30 rear bumper
Revo Aluminum rear badge
Revo Cold Air Intake
Vredestein ultrac sessanta tyres

Maintenance:

Cam follower changed 25.08.16 (70,435miles)
2x Oli & filter changes (at least every 7,000 miles)
Spark Plugs, cabin filter and air filter (28.10.16)
Break disks (24.01.16)

Next on the list:

Colour code body kit
H&R springs with uprated top mounts
Refurbish Alloys

Anyway, here are a few photos, I aim to get some better ones from its next clean and as I add to the car.

Martk19871:
The Beetle if anyone was interested to see  :laugh:

percy:
Nice cars there buddy, cracking colour too :happy2:

Andy:
Very nice,only suggestion is lose the chrome mirrors and colour code them to the car

Martk19871:
I haven't posted in a while but been quite busy. Last weekend changed the old Denso spark plugs with new Bosch ones, they were looking a bit crappy and a bit of carbon build up, fires up much nicer now, they were much quicker to do than expected. Next weekend changing the oil filter and oil change followed by the other filters. Some of the service history booklet is in German....don't ask, and done about 4000 miles now so wanted to know everything is fresh.

I have also removed the chrome wing mirror covers as I decided they were tacky to find out one of the covers underneath was smashed so bought some off someone and picking them up tomorrow.

Changed the front grille for a US spec one with a chrome trim strip rather than the red and screwed in a square plate I had made at halfords,  much happier with the front end. I tired using doubble sided number plate pads from halfords before screws, went through two sets, they are literally awful and just don't work, so never buy them!

Other things; boot pop mod completed, new whiter fog lights from Powerbulbs and someone is going to restore my headlights for me in Friday as they look a state.

I will get some photos up at the weekend of the progress  :driver:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version