All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

<< < (3/14) > >>

Martk19871:
Update from the weekend. I ordered some Poorboys Wheel Wax that turned up, I had used quick wax on my Monzas a few weeks back but as winter is coming, I wanted to give them and the BBS CH a few good coats, it seems to be really good stuff.

I had been meaning to get some axle stands and noticed a good deal in Halfrauds so went and got a jack and axle stands along with a few wheel cleaning and dressing products for the big wheel clean.

And a few additional snaps, I really want to get a Micro 3/4 DSLR soon to get some better photos.

Martk19871:
So I decided to do the oil, Bosch filter and sump plug change at the weekend, I nipped to VW dealers for the sump plug, for the sake of £2.50 I thought it’s worth doing and used only the finest 5w30 Castrol Edge.

I took my opportunity when the horrendous rain took a pause, probably not my brightest idea as it started raining again, then came the WIND and it got dark, so ended up with a torch in my mouth :stupid: but I have done a full service now before it starts to get freezing.

Somewhat uninteresting oil filter photo

Also fitted some open fog grills, replaced the number plate and vanity mirror bulbs with LEDs and found some red BBS centre caps that should fit my Monzas.

Martk19871:
A quick update of whats been going on this weekend. 

I got a screw in one of my BBS CH tyres which was one I had dropped (annoying)! I was about to change to the Monzas for winter anyway. I found some BBS centre caps to fit, but after fitting them I don’t think they look right. 

A fast wax last weekend in time for winter

Bought a few bits:

Brembo front pads, mine are 80% worn and will be visiting family with a garage over Xmas so will do them then.

Xtrons head unit with Mirrorlink, Radio, Bluetooth (calls and music), DVD and Sat Nav. It works OK, but the Bluetooth has a long delay which is REALLY annoying, the Sat Nav falls over itself and the music playback through Bluetooth is just awful, I am sending it back as Bluetooth was the main feature I needed to work correctly.  Also on the whole the sound isn’t good, I took a risk on this and it didn’t pay off...

Since then I have won a Kenwood Dnx520vbt On ebay at a really good price and will be picking it up in a few days. I am expecting a lot more from the Kenwood.

Dark cherry hazard switch and Euro style cup holder. I much prefer both of these to the stock versions, a lot sleeker. I did find removing some of the trim to fit these a lot more awkward than my previous car (mk4 Golf).

FrameSet:
Nice work! Im surprised how well the exhaust pipes came  up! I'll try brasso next time!

Martk19871:

--- Quote from: FrameSet on December 21, 2015, 06:50:03 pm ---Nice work! Im surprised how well the exhaust pipes came  up! I'll try brasso next time!

--- End quote ---

Cheers matey. I had a look at your build and noticed I left a message on it the other day!

Best thing for the exhaust tips is fine wire wool and lots of scrubbing, the brasso helped bring them up afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version