All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

<< < (4/14) > >>

Martk19871:
Quick update as it's been a while, next thing on the list is i'm picking up a genuine VW roof rack from someone local that is in mint condition, then need some AP, FK or Bilstein coilovers.

I picked up the Kenwood DNX head unit, 100x better sound and performance quality than the Xtrons one. The Xtrons had some cool features, but they just didn't perform well on the hardware, lesson learnt.

Last time I took the car into VW they said the front pads were 80% worn, they have been calling me since saying they need doing, rather do them myself  :P. I put some Brembo pads in.

Today I changed the wing mirror repeaters to smoked (excuse the dirty car), before and after shots

Also replaced the footwell lights with blue LEDs, wasn't sure if they would look "tat" but I actually quite like them, I will upgrade the other bulbs to white LEDs at some point

Deano45:
Coming along nice buddy..I do like the kenwood looks nice and neat in the dash... 

lewisako:
The car looks lovely mate good work. Where about did u get the smoked repeaters from out of curiosity? Got a link?

airbagaaron:
Looks great, debating to change to smoked repeaters at the moment myself.

Martk19871:
Thanks for the comments. Here are some photos after a serious car clean on Saturday as it was actually sunny for once, you can see the smoked repeaters better and I think they look great on Silver Golf’s.

--- Quote from: lewisako on January 31, 2016, 06:33:16 pm ---The car looks lovely mate good work. Where about did u get the smoked repeaters from out of curiosity? Got a link?

--- End quote ---

I was looking for Depot ones that I read about on other threads but it seems they don’t exist anymore, so I bought these ones off ebay, overall pretty happy with them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351628275032?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Earlier I bought some H7 Yellow bulbs and some Yellow Plastikote stained glass spray (for the fogs) so I can achieve the look below. I was going to split the headlights to spray the reflector bowl yellow but the same look can be achieved with yellow bulbs that reflect yellow and is much less stress – A bit marmite, but I like it and it makes the front end a bit less boring.

I’ve also bought a De-wiper kit, I did this on my MK4 Golf, 50/50 if I’m going to do it or not  :rolleye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version