All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

<< < (6/14) > >>

Martk19871:

--- Quote from: Robna on February 24, 2016, 09:38:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: gtavalanche on February 23, 2016, 09:32:59 pm ---What cleaner did you use on the Exhaust? It looks great.

--- End quote ---

Yeh that! Mine need sorting out

--- End quote ---

I used stainless steel cleaner spray and some fine wire wool with warm water on the tips, then used Brasso and polishing clothes to give them a shine. They dont stay clean for too long but look great when they stand out

Thanks for the comments! I've got to get my own DSLR as it's pretty fun getting photos at different locations.

Really want some R32 rear lights as payday is next week  :drinking:

Martk19871:
I gave the car its first clay bar since I’ve owned it getting off all the crap which was really satisfying, I also gave it a full wax with G3 which I would recommend, very easy to apply and remove and left a good gloss finish that beads well :wink:

My girlfriend was getting fed up of looking at my Monzas strategically hidden with a towel :grin: so I bought some genuine VW wheel covers. VW Bath is selling them on ebay for £24 which is a good price having looked for some before, they usually retail for more.

The covers are much better quality than previous covers I’ve owned and you can roll them out flat wrapping them around the wheel and securing with Velcro.

Picked up a genuine roof rack which is mint condition and will come in handy for summer, I test fitted them and never realised how noisy they are when on the motorway!

Been playing around with the Kenwood head unit, it had a crappy background image and poor resolution VW logo when it started up so I’ve uploaded new ones. 

My bank holiday fun is to change the Cam follower and do oil change as I’ve been doing a lot of miles lately and done 5000+ since the last.

Martk19871:
This weekend I drove to Derby to pick up an Eddy30 bumper in Reflex Silver from @exodus_ste  these dont come up often in Reflex Silver so had to get on it. Thanks again for coming into Derby to make the journey less stress  :happy2:

I bought some pressed plates and number plate surround for the bumper, still yet to fit the front. I used super strength velcro for the number plate.

I was going to do an oil change and try autosol on the exhaust tips, but the bumper took a LOT longer than expected so they are for another day. Two screws sheared and some were really ceased, I had to jack the car up on both sides to get better access. Also as I have after market parking sensors I had to use a stepped drill bit and measure out new holes.

Old vs new

Much better  :drool:

Colour coded skirts or new rear light next?!?

I had new led number plate lights to fit, but the prongs are too big to fit in the VW connector! This is the second set i've bought i've had issues with, think I will give up on them now.

Thanks for looking.

S800BRN:
Ed30/R32 rear lights next - or even better a set of Valeo LEDs...
Bumper looks good, btw!

Martk19871:

--- Quote from: S800BRN on March 28, 2016, 09:42:59 pm ---Ed30/R32 rear lights next - or even better a set of Valeo LEDs...
Bumper looks good, btw!

--- End quote ---

Cheers man  :happy2:

God knows why VW didnt colour code the GTI bumpers, actually, I do, money!

I quite like the mk6 styled rear lights, but I will likely go with the Ed30/R32 lights

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version