All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

<< < (10/14) > >>

Martk19871:
It's been a little while since I've updated this thread but I'm still spending plenty of time reading everyone else’s!

The number plate bracket I bought to mount a square plate aligned to the right started to piss me off. However tight I had it, it would eventually swivel around and to be honest I didn’t like the way it was protruding out from the car, and then I caught it while parking, which was the final straw!

So I went on the hunt for a US spec number plate plinth and finally found someone selling one, more so they found me though an advert I posted on the MK5 Golf owners group on Facebook. I did consider ordering one from ECS in the US but including postage it came to something like £75!

Once it arrived I decided on some new number plates as I’ve come to the conclusion I just don’t like pressed plates, not sure what it is about them. I bought some raised gel plates from Fullhouse Customs (https://www.facebook.com/fullhousecustomsuk/?fref=ts), and they are without doubt the best quality plates I’ve come across and I really like the look of them.

I wanted something to put a bottle of oil in to keep in the car and came accross this nice VW Castrol promotional pouch with 1l of oil which I won for £10 on ebay which I though was quite a deal, it now lives in my boot as it has velcro on the back to stick to the carpet.

I've bought a cam follower as with my next service which I will do soon I will change this as well.

Finally, this turned up in the post today from Demon Tweeks :jumpmove: hope to fit this weekend.

Next i'd quite like to get some new matching tyres and have a wheel refurb, my birthday is coming up so I might try to persuade the gf  :evilgrin:

Martk19871:
And we're sorted! Revo TFSI air intake fitted. Worst bit of fitting was when I dropped the pliers and spent 30mins trying to retrive them from the engine bay :chicken: Havent taken it for a spin yet but doesnt seem too noisy which is good. The bay needs a good clean now.

Martk19871:
It's been a busy weekend. After fitting the Revo intake I went on the look for a TTS engine cover. One turned up in Wales which was only a 40min drive. It was a good price and also came with a Prosche coolant cap, Porsche oil cap and a black washer cap so I nipped over to get them today.

I just need the mounting pins now so going to call AKS in the morning to see if they can help.

just_coolnuh:
nice steady progress, that front square plate mount looks great, I think a set of xenon (or xenon look) headlights would really set the front off!

Martk19871:
Nothing that new, just a few photos from a clean while it was nice at the weekend. I did however buy a solid aluminium Revo plaque for the rear. I think I’d like to go stage 1 soon but going to wait to see how much my insurance drops when I renew in a few months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version