All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Mark O’T Reflex Silver MK5 GTI

<< < (12/14) > >>

Martk19871:
Also, I've got an issue with the "check coolant" light coming on. It's happening intermittently, usually when I start up after leaving it a while. Coolant is well where it should be and hasn’t really gone down much. Could it be the sensor? Any thoughts?

AJP:

--- Quote from: Martk19871 on August 25, 2016, 06:05:25 pm ---Also, I've got an issue with the "check coolant" light coming on. It's happening intermittently, usually when I start up after leaving it a while. Coolant is well where it should be and hasn’t really gone down much. Could it be the sensor? Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---
It's quite common for this to happen on a cold morning, the sensor seems to play up. It's not been particularly cold recently but the sensor is a weak point.

Martk19871:

--- Quote from: AJP on August 25, 2016, 06:52:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martk19871 on August 25, 2016, 06:05:25 pm ---Also, I've got an issue with the "check coolant" light coming on. It's happening intermittently, usually when I start up after leaving it a while. Coolant is well where it should be and hasn’t really gone down much. Could it be the sensor? Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---
It's quite common for this to happen on a cold morning, the sensor seems to play up. It's not been particularly cold recently but the sensor is a weak point.

--- End quote ---

Cheers. I'm going to top it up to right to the max line and then get the multimeter out to see how it's functioning, I've found a good Youtube video on it. If not it might need replacing!

Martk19871:
So the coolant issue seems to have resolved itself by topping it up just over the maxìmum line after doing some reading about it.

This weekend I took all of the wheels off and gave them a deep clean in the bath, sealed them with poorboys, and coated the tyres in Maguires tyre gel which is much better than any spray stuff I've used.

Cleaned the engine bay with a pressure washer and machine cleaner by Auto Glym and fitted the TTS engine cover with some reproduction bolts I bought from a guy who makes them on the Audi Sport forum. I've removed the middle section to smooth and paint.

Finally gave the car a good clean inside and out and managed to wax the front end before giving up for the day.

I changed my front VW badge to a black one but think I prefer the original.

S800BRN:
Such a clean example and nice choice in mods as always.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version