Make a donation

Author Topic: My TDI Jetta Road to 350 petrol converted horses  (Read 18026 times)

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Re: My (tragic) TDI Jetta Not a fan of MoT testers :(
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2015, 04:30:27 pm »
Mate I completely admire your commitment to this- it's no secret that carbon fire in general isn't even ones cup of tea however that's the beauty of modding, you go to do what you like and enjoy not what everyone else is wanted you to do! As for that garage that's a complete joke that he went to Facebook to take the pish, I'd be going on with a print out and asking for an explanation in front of his boss. It looks a lot better now the rear doors work too bud!

Carbon fiber is quite easy to cut and shape really. Its just that moment when u move the grinder up to the carbon fiber and you know full well that if u do it wrong thats a good few £££ down the pan.

I would bring it up with the garage but i cant see anything coming of it really. They get an angry customer that they all have a giggle about when i leave. I expect they have already had enough laughs at my expense i would rather not bother giving them more

Can't make my mind up if it's better with the trim on or not,how does it look now underneath the arch now.

Its not the prettiest thing, still need to seal up and maybe skim some filler over the top to try and make it look better?

Look my rear door opens...i can take the baby seat out now  :grin:

I dont mind it looking messy though. Theres no reason for anyone to go poking around under there...except maybe an mot tester. Once i space the wheels out some more you wont even be able to see up there without opening the door.

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2015, 08:59:01 pm »
So both rear arches are now cut down to size with plenty of clearance. Trip to the diy store for some black sealant to plug up all the gaps underneath. Rub some cutting paste along the overspray to get it off, replace a drive shaft and then shes good for the rest of the winter until i get started on the engine...maybe some depo lights

However its not all sh*ts and giggles today. I knew it would happen but i cut the second arch extension wonky. Its not bad but you know...i did so well XD

And also, 2 steps forward 1 step back

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2015, 10:38:27 pm »
Much better and I think id leave the rubber trim on if I'm honest  :smiley:

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: My (tragic) TDI Jetta Road to 350 horses
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:48 pm »
So last night (in the rain i might add!!) i swapped out my offside driveshaft for a new one as the cv was on its way out and for the extra £9 of getting an used (but still brand new) one i thought sod it may as well swap the whole shaft.

Today went to the MOT station and now im good for 12 months.

Still not washed it as weather is total garbage at the moment so on my way home from a job i thought i would try and snap at least a couple of pics.

God those pics make it look like its riding so high! Might invest in air ride next year some time.

Offline AJG09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • My Ride: 2005 mk5 golf 1.6 FSI
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »
I think once those arches are filled out more it will look lower. Good news about the mot, got mine tomorow... :booty:  did you go to the same place?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2015, 11:50:00 pm »
Once the wheels are spaced out more it will look better

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 11:18:46 am »
So no real updates. The only bit of news i have is the tanking slurry i ordered so i can actually use my workshop in the future as its currently a small lake where i practice my jet ski skills.

Heres a cheeky pic of the car at my local paul walker meet

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2015, 12:05:48 am »
Finally got round to mapping in launch control and hard cut limiter.

(can an admin embed this? Everytime i try the /youtube command it says invalid link)
&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:19:17 am by V3trox »

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: My (tragic) TDI Jetta Road to 350 horses (Launch control)
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 07:43:46 pm »
Wow, so little progress :(

So ive been sitting here weighing up my power options. Insurance runs out in a few days which means, take off the road and tinker. The only problem is how do i go for more power. I initially wanted a big power diesel but after tuning a few higher powered vag pd engines i've decided I want a petrol again

So i had a few options. Do i
a:scrap her and get a 2.0tfsi jetta
b:buy a tfsi engine and stuff it in there
c:20valve turbo it

But v3trox why go to the effort of a 20vt surely you want a modern tfsi engine in there? Well you would think so but i just so happen to be stripping one of these

Its the missus old car that she has recently replaced with an ibiza cupra

So i pretty much have a whole donor mkiv to scavenge parts from. I've got all the mechanical side of things sorted. Should just drop straight in, swap cv joints over, 45degree bend coming off the downpipe out the side and she will be ready to run...After I butcher all the wiring :S

Engine free and sitting on the jacks. Some of the loom had to be persuaded to move out.

Engine pretty much out

Ta dah

Took about 4 hours of which a small amount of time was spent being silly.

All i can say is i hope i'm never in an accident cos those air bags are so ****ing loud lol

Then after that it took ages to find someone to actually take the shell away from me. Even offering to pay but not a soul would take it until eventually i got it removed free of charge.

That was a couple weeks ago. Now I only really have weekends free and so far i have been stuck working or the weather is crap. I only managed to get the front off. I Decided to take the whole front off in one piece as i will be using the jettas intercooler, which is a complete front mount compared to the side mount on the mkiv, it seemed like a waste to seperate it all out.

I would be sorting it tomorrow but today the missus car decided to wet itself

So that is the priority so thats another weekend that will be squandered. Although i might get time sunday its meant to be raining all weekend so we will see.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:48:26 pm by V3trox »

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: My TDI Jetta Road to 350 petrol converted horses
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:04 am »
You won't get a 1.8T to run in a Mk5.
It's also completely daft.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2016, 12:54:34 pm »
It's so much easier to get 350 BHP or more with a 2.0 TFSI BYD, BWJ, BHZ or CDL engine... The retrofit is also easier as well.

Why not sell that engine and get one of the above mentioned? :confused:

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:41 am »
If it turns out getting the 20v to run is to much work then i will sell it off and get a tfsi but as the engine was sitting there i decided to have a go.

I will also have the bkd to sell which will in itselft pay for a 2.0tfsi but lets try the 1.8 first and take it from there.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2016, 10:18:25 pm »
While I appreciate your valiance by the time you have bothered trying to get the 1.8T to run you'll have wasted your time
ECU is different so you'll have to either run standalone ecu or move whole wiring loom over
Clusters are diff (not retrofittable easily between models)
Mk5 is canbus mk4 is not again sensor signals are speaking a different language (go back to my point RE ecu).

please just sell the 1.8t and buy the engine that's supposed to go into the car. it hasn't been done before for a reason.