Make a donation

Author Topic: New forum member from West Sussex  (Read 983 times)

Offline decker

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
New forum member from West Sussex
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:11:09 pm »
Hi from down south ,

I've recently bought a 45000mile 2008 5 door GTI in grey with the DSG box.

I've had a few quick cars over the years , MK4 Toyota Supra twin-turbo , Audi tt 225 , R32 Skyline GTR , to name just a few. What I've realised with the GTI , my first one by the way , is that in real world terms it is just as quick and as much fun to drive most of the previous cars I've had. I really should have got one earlier !!

The car has been modified to some degree with what looks like a custom built twin oval outlet exhaust system (Modified rear GTI valance) , 'K&N Typhoon' induction kit , 'Forge' , relocated dump valve and a set of 18inch replica Golf 'R' alloys.

I much prefer the standard (sleeper look) so the retro mods have started already , the wheels have been replaced with 17inch Monza's. I bought a set of 18'' Monza's initially but just didn't like the big wheel look.

I been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and it seems the Milltek exhaust is one of the  systems preferred by forum members so i think i will be getting one , which will give me the standard look at the back end  (along with the new single cut out valance.)
The standard air box is going back on with a decent panel filter and as for the 'Forge' dump valve could any one recommend a decent garage around the south that could remove this and fit a new standard diverter valve.

Over the years , and many forums , i have come to realise that the best place for advice are members that have been there and done it. ,there is no doubt i will be calling this experience in months to come.
So i will say thanks in advance...............Nick

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New forum member from West Sussex
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum Nick..excellent intro and  some excellent cars in your history..your right bout the  best info is the forum
Milltek are are good make but check out bcs exhaust who are on here

Offline decker

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:18:07 pm »
Cheers for the welcome maxitrol.

I took your advice and had a look at the bcs exhaust systems. I am well impressed , enough so to try and place an order for a 'Sport cat-back system'. There seems to be a problem with their online payment system at the moment ( doesn't seem to want my money ) so hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow and I can buy it the old fashion way , over the phone !

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:58 pm »
 Don't for get to tell Nigel your a member  on here and might get a bit of discount :happy2:

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »
Welcome, I used to have Milltek but have since changed to BCS so much better in my opinion & get more photos up. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR