Make a donation

Author Topic: cambelt change- howto remove engone mount????  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Jeffchiz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
cambelt change- howto remove engone mount????
« on: August 15, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »
Hi all half way through a cambelt change on my gti, we have top half of the engine mount off, but for the life of us we cant get the bottom half out, we have disconnected both the dpwnpipe and drivers driveshaft and still no pick what is the trick??

All guides are on American lhd cars where the brake reservoir is located on the other side of the bay meaning there is more room

Offline Ricky123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98436.0.html
Re: cambelt change- howto remove engone mount????
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:29:25 am »
Hi mate. Take the part of the mount that's attached to the car body completely off. Support the engine underneath with a trolley jack.

Remove the arch liner from drivers side inner arch. And use a 3/8" ratchet setup to undo the bolts for the mounting that's attached to the engine itself. You will have to higher or lower the engine with the trolley jack to remove the mount. It's a pain but it will come out.

You shouldn't have to touch the exhaust or anything else to do it. Remember to buy new bolts when refitting
56 mk5 ed30 3dr
57 mk5 1.9 TDi match
22 a3 s-line competition 45 tfsiE
09 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (road going track sl*g)

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • Build it.. don't buy it!!
    • Email
Re: cambelt change- howto remove engone mount????
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:38:46 pm »
Don't know if this helps but this is a pic I took when I did mine. Like Ricky said up and down with the jack and it'll come out! Good luck :)

Ash.

I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB