Make a donation

Author Topic: Christmas spirit modding...  (Read 1850 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Christmas spirit modding...
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:26:09 am »
Just been nosing around looking at this and that and came across this due to my standard intake needing some attention and found that these seem quite cheap compared to what they were priced at when they came out...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REVO-2-0TFSI-HIGH-FLOW-AIR-FILTER-INTAKE-SYSTEM-Golf-Gti-Leon-Cupra-Audi-S3-/281885103671?hash=item41a1a95637:g:rtEAAOSwv-NWYEvc

The above is the powder coated one i believe?..

Might there be any other deals out there on these kits or any other mods that other people may be interested in whilst people are in the christmas spirit :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:59:58 am by CarlW »

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Christmas spirit modding...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 12:47:27 am »
Waste of money especially if things go wrong like my neuspeed P-flow pipe and Ramair filter  :scared:

I'm sticking with what the other experts on here say and that's oem ugly box baby  :grin:

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:06:05 am »
What bad experience have you had with the setup you were running out of curiosity?

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 01:40:21 am »
Intakes are amazing!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 02:58:40 am »
What bad experience have you had with the setup you were running out of curiosity?
Major over revving and loss of low down power with heavy fuel consumption. I've noticed people buying filter kits and within days wanting to sell moaning about how loud they are when we all know cone filters make noise but I'm guessing people are hiding the truth  :stupid: mines is a dsg so maybe it's just the dsg equipped motors having the issue I've had to go back to the ugly box.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:34:00 am by r5gtt »

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 07:43:48 am »
You had a bad experience with a sh*t intake, stop putting other people off! LOL. Yes they are noisy, its an unrestrictive intake with an open cone, of course you'll hear the turbo when it spools up, which on a K03 is pretty much all the time as its such a responsive turbo

The Revo intake is regarded as the best out there, both in terms of MAF scaling and performance.  From memory TSR and LVS were running offers on the powdercoat REVO, so worth contacting them
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline petesimcock

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:09 am »
I've had a revo I take for about 4 weeks now and am in love with it. Love the sound and it certainly feels to have a tiny bit more at the top end. I'm DSG too. If you try to save money by buying one which hasnt been developed well then you may have problems but the revo is a proven bit of kit

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 10:39:34 am »
I just got a rotten egg and thinking it's the filter causing the issue lol

Dan_FR knows he's golf unlike me who's a newbie to the mk5 scene so moaning for someone that's mismatched tbh.

The Revo one looks really nice too  :sad1: