Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 - Laser Blue  (Read 44433 times)

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Mk5 - Laser Blue - Could be the end! (page 6)
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »
In GT or SE form you couldn't get a 3 door, I don't know why but you just couldn't.  Might be something technical?

I thought it was weird!  :sad1:

finish the mk5 and put a ed30 engine in it next year, much cheaper. Oh and weld the back doors shut, then you have a 3door  :signLOL:

I some how dont think I will be able to insure the ed30 engine some how  :signLOL:

Good idea with the doors though!  :grin:
 :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04:11 pm »
I cannot decide what to do for the best!!!!  :confused: :rolleye:

Option 1 - Keep current car and continue doing what I was doing and plow more money in even though I am not 100% happy with the base car.

Option 2 - Strip car and sell bits, p/x the car and buy a mk6. Modify to look something similar to this and sell when im 21.

Option 3 - Strip car and sell bits, p/x the car and buy a rocco. (waiting for insurance group TBA) Modify to look something similar to this and sell when im 21.

Option 4 - Wait a few months leaving my car as it is then strip, p/x the car against a used mk6 or rocco saving a couple of k but not having the choice of options.

It would be nice to own a brand new car knowing that no one has ever driven it before me and to spec all the options I want on it.

What would you do.....
Major decisions!  :chicken: :confused:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:11:33 pm by ollie288 »

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:09 pm »
current car - if your doubting it now, the moment you see either a rocco or golf6 at a show youre gunna hate it

golf - my preference as you know, and theres not many modded ones around at the moment so what you loose in power you can more than make up for in style and cred, easier to sell on... just like a golf

rocco - pretty, not my bag though, and a smaller fan base to sell it to when the time comes (most like them, not many actually own them...you gotta ask why?)

wait - theres no fun in that, cant beat a virgin ride  :innocent:

Nasir

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2010, 10:18:43 pm »
Option 3 if it's possible, the rocco will just feel more 'special'. It will turn more heads if you get it right and you won't need a golf's practicality at your age lol. Option 2 if the roccos insurance rating is too high. Which company said £1700 for tsi 122? Could be useful to me.

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2010, 10:34:37 pm »
current car - if your doubting it now, the moment you see either a rocco or golf6 at a show youre gunna hate it

I know this is what I am thinking. I dont think I want to put anymore money in as I am not happy with it.

golf - my preference as you know, and theres not many modded ones around at the moment so what you loose in power you can more than make up for in style and cred, easier to sell on... just like a golf

Even with the simple mods in pics it does look great IMO. Its also a bit cheaper than the rocco

rocco - pretty, not my bag though, and a smaller fan base to sell it to when the time comes (most like them, not many actually own them...you gotta ask why?)

They are very pretty cars (Saw one today which made me think wow) I think it would feel more special than the golf and I think I prefer the looks. I know what you mean but Im sure it would sell do you not think? Thinking about it I have not seen many roccos on the road at all which is a plus to me as it will be more exclusive. Why do you think that is VC about most liking and not owning? Im not sure lol! 

wait - theres no fun in that, cant beat a virgin ride  :innocent:

Very good point made!  :innocent:

Option 3 if it's possible, the rocco will just feel more 'special'. It will turn more heads if you get it right and you won't need a golf's practicality at your age lol. Option 2 if the roccos insurance rating is too high. Which company said £1700 for tsi 122? Could be useful to me.

I am hoping they will be the same insurance group as the mk6 because it is the same engine similar price (couple of k in it). The company was churchill with multicar discount! :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »
Anyone else wanna say which option they would do in my shoes?  :happy2:

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »

Well firstly I'd sell rdfcpete the Xenons and Audi Splits...

:laugh: :jumping: :wink:

On a serious note, why not get a MK5 TSI like DubwayDans, save some money over for an ED30 or whatever bigger engine car you fancy when the insurance allows?

The above you list are a lot of cash for an okay engine when your next car might be a short term purchase anyway, have I got the jist right there?

From the few you've listed, for looks and fun it would be the Sirocco but ultimately, it's completely you're preference and you should do what's top of your list bud. Looks like either way it'll be a money pitt so make sure you drive them all.

Just my shilling worth  :smiley:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2010, 07:50:54 pm »

Well firstly I'd sell rdfcpete the Xenons and Audi Splits...

:laugh: You have dibs on the xenons if I decide to sell and the splits if I decide to get a rocco (to small I think for the scirocco)

:laugh: :jumping: :wink:

On a serious note, why not get a MK5 TSI like DubwayDans, save some money over for an ED30 or whatever bigger engine car you fancy when the insurance allows?

Well I cant get insurance on the 140 (dubwaydans) and a 3dr mk5 1.4 tsi 122 is like rocking horse sh*t. The money is not really an issue as in saving for my next next car! I would save closer to the time so wont really effect this purchase.

The above you list are a lot of cash for an okay engine when your next car might be a short term purchase anyway, have I got the jist right there?

They are a fair sum of money but they are the best engine (remaped) I can get. I will be keeping this car 3 years which is alot longer than the 10 months of my current car! 3 years is quite a long time so I want to get it right.

From the few you've listed, for looks and fun it would be the Sirocco but ultimately, it's completely you're preference and you should do what's top of your list bud. Looks like either way it'll be a money pitt so make sure you drive them all.

I think every car I will ever own will be a money pit!!! I agree I am tempted to the rocco atm but I need to confirm insurance on it. I have drove the mk6 and I was impressed with that. I think I will test a rocco at the weekend to get a feel.  :happy2:

Just my shilling worth  :smiley:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »
Option 5 - Audi a3 3dr 1.4 tfsi 125 stronic Insurance £2200 (maybe able to get it cheaper)
 :rolleye:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2010, 10:21:11 pm »
Ollie if you have a bit of cash to throw at a car i think the rocco is worth considering especially if your only planning on cosmetic mods. Have you seen X5Peas rocco in members rides?

Next year im pretty sure i will chop the golf in for a Rocco R, maybe a Golf R, maybe S3 etc etc :P

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »
Ollie if you have a bit of cash to throw at a car i think the rocco is worth considering especially if your only planning on cosmetic mods. Have you seen X5Peas rocco in members rides?

Next year im pretty sure i will chop the golf in for a Rocco R, maybe a Golf R, maybe S3 etc etc :P

That is the car I want most. I have been in today to see what sort of deal they could do and he said that the scirocco will hold the rrp as they dont need to push to sell them. The rocco is around 2k more which is fine as they are alot more sporty and expensive looking!
Just need to sort insurance!  :fighting:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2010, 07:44:22 pm »
Did you try green light last time? Thats who im with and they are very competitive especially against Admiral and the likes.  :laugh:

Be awesome if you can work on rocco mate!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2010, 08:39:05 pm »
Did you try green light last time? Thats who im with and they are very competitive especially against Admiral and the likes.  :laugh:

Be awesome if you can work on rocco mate!

No I didn't I will give them a search now and see! It would be great. I have been put off the mk6 a little when I had a look round a rocco today! The exterior looks better imo and the interior feels classy even if you have a base model (Unsure of my options yet!  :evilgrin:)

They wouldn't let me test drive it as it is a customers car and it was sold but they let me sit in it and get a feel.
Here it is:

They look so much better in person I have found. It doesnt look special in the pic of my iphone!  :grin: :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:08 pm »
ohh and greenlight dont insure under 21's apparently!  :sad1:

It is so annoying being able to go out and buy any car say a rocco 210 DSG, ed30 etc. I could buy the car, tax it maintain it but cannot insure it!  Because I am under 21  I will drive into a tree! Utter BS if you ask me!  :fighting2:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:54 pm »
Base model looks better than Mk6 imo and has so much potential visually. The mk6 you have posted looks fantastic dont get me wrong thee is something about the rocco though.

Popped in my local today and saw this....

crappy pics but you get the idea!!