Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 - Laser Blue  (Read 44441 times)

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Mk5 - Laser Blue - Could be the end! (page 6)
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
ohh and greenlight dont insure under 21's apparently!  :sad1:

It is so annoying being able to go out and buy any car say a rocco 210 DSG, ed30 etc. I could buy the car, tax it maintain it but cannot insure it!  Because I am under 21  I will drive into a tree! Utter BS if you ask me!  :fighting2:

Oh that sucks, how old are you?

Not sure about these two but have you tried Adrian Flux or Aplan?
Also HIC - i think they are a sponsor on Ed38

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »
That R  :drool: :drool: :drool:
I love it!!! The only thing I am not keen on is the wheels but the rest! :love:
 If only I was old enough!  :sad1:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2010, 08:56:56 pm »
ohh and greenlight dont insure under 21's apparently!  :sad1:

It is so annoying being able to go out and buy any car say a rocco 210 DSG, ed30 etc. I could buy the car, tax it maintain it but cannot insure it!  Because I am under 21  I will drive into a tree! Utter BS if you ask me!  :fighting2:

Oh that sucks, how old are you?

Not sure about these two but have you tried Adrian Flux or Aplan?
Also HIC - i think they are a sponsor on Ed38

17 now but by the time the car is built I will be 18.
I will give them all ago! Fingers crossed I will get one 2.5k or below!  :party: :happy2:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:34 pm »
Ouch, would it be worth getting your olds to insure it and have you as a named driver, some companies still give named drivers NCB so may work out cheaper until you hit 21 plus you get the car you want!

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2010, 09:37:59 pm »
Ouch, would it be worth getting your olds to insure it and have you as a named driver, some companies still give named drivers NCB so may work out cheaper until you hit 21 plus you get the car you want!

Maybe worth looking into. Is that legal as I would be the main driver and I wouldn't let my old folks in it without supervision  :signLOL:

The plan was new scirocco 122 with a few tweaks for 3 years and when the warranty is up trade in and get a new car with better performance. I really hope I can find somewhere to insure me!
The problem is because it is a new engine VW haven't even got a insurance group on it (it says TBA on there website) This means alot of the insurance companys cant give me a quote because they dont have the engine listed either!  :sad1:
It would work out perfectly to. If I ordered this weekend I would get 5% off due to 70's VAT offer at VW and it would arrive new in time for my bday for insurance!
 :happy2:

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2010, 06:33:57 pm »
Anyone else wanna say which option they would do in my shoes?  :happy2:
Well firstly I'd sell rdfcpete the Xenons and Audi Splits...

:laugh: You have dibs on the xenons if I decide to sell and the splits if I decide to get a rocco (to small I think for the scirocco)

:laugh: :jumping: :wink:

On a serious note, why not get a MK5 TSI like DubwayDans, save some money over for an ED30 or whatever bigger engine car you fancy when the insurance allows?

Well I cant get insurance on the 140 (dubwaydans) and a 3dr mk5 1.4 tsi 122 is like rocking horse sh*t. The money is not really an issue as in saving for my next next car! I would save closer to the time so wont really effect this purchase.

The above you list are a lot of cash for an okay engine when your next car might be a short term purchase anyway, have I got the jist right there?

They are a fair sum of money but they are the best engine (remaped) I can get. I will be keeping this car 3 years which is alot longer than the 10 months of my current car! 3 years is quite a long time so I want to get it right.

From the few you've listed, for looks and fun it would be the Sirocco but ultimately, it's completely you're preference and you should do what's top of your list bud. Looks like either way it'll be a money pitt so make sure you drive them all.

I think every car I will ever own will be a money pit!!! I agree I am tempted to the rocco atm but I need to confirm insurance on it. I have drove the mk6 and I was impressed with that. I think I will test a rocco at the weekend to get a feel.  :happy2:

Just my shilling worth  :smiley:

:signLOL: Sounds good stuff matey. I didn't realise a 1.4 GT TSi would be a problem with insurance over the 122 TSi later engines. It's a matter of what 15 bhp in real terms?

That's true, looks like you have money to throw at it regardless  :wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Mk5 - Laser Blue
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2010, 11:37:34 am »
Right after much time and thought the golf is staying. I would have loved a scirocco and was close to buying one in the dealership until I phoned my insurance!  :sad:
The company I am with says they wont insure my full stop as there is a 21 restriction on the rocco. Admiral say they will but a the cost of.... wait for it..... £3890 with £1000 excess! I am not willing to spend 4k on insurance so I am waiting.
Also the golf yes it looks nice but I cant justify the cost £18000 on just a golf! So I am staying put for the time being!  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:45:52 pm by ollie288 »

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2010, 11:47:20 am »
This also means I have a backlash of mods to fit!  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
coilovers,
R32 rear with a twist,
10mm spacers
and some other little tweaks.
I am going to get it how I wanted it, enjoy it and when the time is right get rid of it.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2010, 12:12:25 pm »
mate, i gotta say this and its gonna make me feel soooooooooooooooo old but holy cow batgirl youre not18 andyou have all these options! dayum son!!
i think ur doing the right thing,just be frugal and take your time with the next set of mods, you have all your life ahead of u. i get =you want it and NOW!!! im the most immature impatient 40+ youll find!
dont go mad on this car-it looks great right now and save for the next car and get everyhting you want!
oh and dont sell them wheels they are sooooo nice lol!
 :congrats:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2010, 04:20:07 pm »
If I put my wheels back on with the curb marks on will it ruin the lip of the wheel or will it be fine? I mean with salt an stuff getting in there?
I am getting them refurbed but I dont know if I want to change the centre colour yet. I need to see it lowered to see. To lower it I obviously need the wheels on!
What do you think. The lip is not the same as the centre it is polished I think.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2010, 04:53:12 pm »
R32 rear with a twist,
:surprised:
Any preview/teasers?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2010, 04:54:42 pm »
R32 rear with a twist,
:surprised:
Any preview/teasers?

Not yet mate no, its got to be spayed. It should be done fairly soon.  :party:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2010, 11:37:47 pm »
Think you should save it for UD bud and let every one see your handy work then :happy2:

Darren

Offline k6kny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Mk5 Golf GTi
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2010, 11:47:17 pm »
Don't know if this will alter your thinking but if you were to use Direct Line as your insurance company and insure the new car under your dads name with you as a named driver then you would be able to build up your own no claims discount.

Just to throw in my 2p's worth I'd go for the Rocco over the mk6, very sexy cars :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »
Don't know if this will alter your thinking but if you were to use Direct Line as your insurance company and insure the new car under your dads name with you as a named driver then you would be able to build up your own no claims discount.

Just to throw in my 2p's worth I'd go for the Rocco over the mk6, very sexy cars :happy2:

Just tried direct line. Wont offer insurance. I think insurance companies have now cottoned on to the named driver thing.  :sad1: