Author Topic: My GTi  (Read 866 times)

Offline Andrew

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
My GTi
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:06:20 pm »
Only recently joined this forum, but bought my GTi back in June. Had a few issues with it unfortunately, seemed to have every issue going, but with a great amount of help from the garage I bought it from, got it all fixed under warranty and now it runs brilliantly. Can see why people think these are the best all rounder! Added the R8 coil packs, Revision D diverter valve, 30mm springs, LCR splitter, Angel eye projector headlights, flush rear wiper delete, little bits of carbon wrap inside, GTi badges on the seat ratchets, LED interior lights and due to numerous issues she has brand new HPFP, Inlet camshaft, Cam sensor, Crank sensor and a overhaul of the variable valve timing.

Offline Gmaster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: My GTi
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:56:37 pm »
Yep hear what your saying mate ! Mines had niggles since I've brought it plus the chain rattle !! Also brought it in June the chain rattle has been fixed and a service .(still a few little issues to sort)
I've recently returned from a 500mile round trip this is the first time I've really driven it and i was very impressed!!!
DSG was great, handle really well and went very well too ...  :smiley: stage 1 with milltek exhaust .
And was doing 35mpg at a steady 80mph ,at one point it was 37mpg well happy with that ... Think I'm starting to like this car more n more .

Offline Andrew

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: My GTi
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 06:34:25 pm »
Forgot to put that in the post, had the cam chain rattle followed by low oil pressure warning :scared: thankfully no damage and all sorted. When my cam follower failed I always wondered where the bits of swarf had gone, found them when cleaning the pick up pipe, got very lucky. Chuffed to bits now though and as with yourself I managed 40.3mpg to newcastle yesterday, wasn't driving slow either, well rounded car I think  :grin: