Make a donation

Author Topic: Hopefully soon to be new to modern VWs.....  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Ben_W

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hopefully soon to be new to modern VWs.....
« on: September 21, 2015, 11:39:46 pm »
Evenin all  :smiley:

Thought I'd say hello. Signed up as hopefully I'll be entering the world of modern VWs! Having decided on replacing the daily, I shortlisted a few cars but it came down to me wanting an Edition 30. Hopefully getting a payout from something soon so will be in the market to buy...

Ideally I'd like it to be Steel Grey, no real preference over 3 or 5 door, although I think the 5 door looks fantastic for a 5 door! Needs to have as many option boxes ticked as poss. Not overly sure on what was available  but would want auto lights/wipers, touch screen nav, xenons, cruise, heated seats, multifunction steering wheel, Bluetooth phone integration etc...would consider mods, up to stage 2. Oh, and as low mileage as possible.

Prepared to wait for the right car. Doing more miles for work now and the Mondeo I've got is showing its age. Been a brilliant car but it's just too basic (and not quick enough) if I'm honest......

So, anyway, I said at the start I'd be new to modern VWs....this is true. Mainly been a Ford bloke and never interested in a golf until I looked into the Ed30...

I do have an old skool VW however..........A Sidewinder beach buggy with an air cooled flat 6 Chevy motor stuffed in the back!

Anyhow, hello!! Will be asking a few questions I think!

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
Re: Hopefully soon to be new to modern VWs.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:19:41 am »
Welcome, you wont regret buying an Edition 30 great cars & Steel Grey FTW! Interesting beach buggy bet thats fun. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Ben_W

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:31:10 pm »
Thanks bud. Willing to wait for the right car. Needs to be low miles with as many options ticked as poss. Just want a comfy, modern, rapid place to sit. Xenon's are a must!!

Yeah, the buggy is loads of fun. I built it myself. First major car project. Brilliant for just wafting about in, in the sun. Only issue is is gets so much attention, you cant just nip to the shops in it without having a long chat with someone. Plenty quick with the Corvair engine in it. I've also got a 306 Rallye I'm restoring at the moment too. Love a classic hot hatch!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 10:38:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum Ben..keep checking the for sale section for a ed30..beach buggy is a excellent

Offline Ben_W

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:56 pm »
Thanks Andy.....I'm looking....

Seems like Xenon's were a rare option....not seen many cars fitted with them at all....

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:27 am »
You can retro fit the xenon lights but I have found the halogen lights are very good with decent bulbs in

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 01:44:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Hope you find what you're looking for!

I used to have a 306 Rallye back in 2008.

I am currently selling my Ed30 but its not what you are looking for colour or spec wise. Still if you consider a Mint condition Tornado Red one then give me a shout.

Offline Gaz_Vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:45:08 pm »
Welcome  :happy2: Ive also had a couple of gti-6's over the years. Great cars.... My steel grey 3 door will be for sale in the new year  :ashamed:

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:25:10 am »
Most of the spec your after can be retro fitted so don't let that hold you back from buying a great low mileage example.
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR