Make a donation

Author Topic: Big thanks to Eddie-NL  (Read 3312 times)

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
Big thanks to Eddie-NL
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »
Just want to say a big thank you to @Eddie-NL for his work & help on my car at the weekend.

He was able to replace my gateway, fit RCD510, Bluetooth module, mic and mk6 climate panel (with loom) in approx the time it would have taken me to remove the original stereo  :signLOL:

It was my first trip to see him, and it deffo won't be my last (trying to source a highline now)  :grin:

Highly recommended. Thanks again Ed  :happy2:

Offline GTi-Andy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Big thanks to Eddie-NL
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:25:13 am »
He's a good lad our Ed, certainly knows he's stuff.

He's done loads for me and is the first guy I contact if I need work doing.

I've got a set of white dials for sale following the colour cluster Ed sorted for me, if your interested.

So much for keeping it standard!

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:44:41 pm »
He's a good lad our Ed, certainly knows he's stuff.

He's done loads for me and is the first guy I contact if I need work doing.

I've got a set of white dials for sale following the colour cluster Ed sorted for me, if your interested.

Thanks Andy - only just seen your post  :sad1:

Just got back from Eddie's again - R32 highline clocks and Polar FIS fitting. Awesome change and I cannot believe that I didn't do this sooner  :mad:

For owners that don't have a highline - get one asap  :happy2:

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 10:11:57 pm »
Just want to say a big thank you to @Eddie-NL for his work & help on my car at the weekend.

He was able to replace my gateway, fit RCD510, Bluetooth module, mic and mk6 climate panel (with loom) in approx the time it would have taken me to remove the original stereo  :signLOL:

It was my first trip to see him, and it deffo won't be my last (trying to source a highline now)  :grin:

Highly recommended. Thanks again Ed  :happy2:

HI GarethB
Can i ask did Eddie-NL supplie the mk6 climate panel and with loom ?
or just the loom or did you buy the loom from other place
thanks in advance for help and reply

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 11:25:52 am »
Hi Pete,

I supplied the mk6 climate panel (from eBay) and Eddie made up the loom & connected everything up.

I'm a real simpleton when it comes to wiring & electrics, so was thankful that he was able to connect everything up.

Everything works as it should bar a couple of permanent vcds errors (which are nothing to be concerned about) - I've not fitted the Air quality sensor (yet) and the climate panel expects to see a white dot display (from the mk6), which obviously it cannot read on a mk5 (without further changing of the instrument cluster).

If you've any doubts, drop Eddie a pm and arrange a visit. He is based 3 hours from me and I've been twice in a week to see him - he's that good  :happy2:

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:20:37 pm »
Everything works as it should bar a couple of permanent vcds errors (which are nothing to be concerned about) - I've not fitted the Air quality sensor (yet) and the climate panel expects to see a white dot display (from the mk6), which obviously it cannot read on a mk5 (without further changing of the instrument cluster).

so do u need the air quality sensor for it to work
the mk6 climate and heated seats should work on the screen of the R510 ?
does it all link up and work on screen

what price did you pay for R510 ?
MK6 Climate is about £45-50
loom ?

thanks for your help and advice pete

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 09:01:02 pm »
No - AQS is not mandatory for the climate to function. It works fine without. However, it will result in an error on vcds (as the panel 'expects' to see the AQS)

Everything works and will show on the screen of RCD/RNS 510 & RNS310/315.

I paid a couple of hundred for an RCD510 dab. Mk6 panel was £50 from eBay. I don't have heated seats, so I'm unsure how much the heated seat versions go for.

I'd recommend pm'ing Eddie for the individual price of his loom, as my price was kinda wrapped up with the price of various work by him. He is very reasonably priced and (imo) it pays to use someone that knows what they are doing.