Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth options  (Read 1700 times)

Offline andyfitzgerald

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Bluetooth options
« on: November 25, 2015, 04:08:02 pm »
Hi .. just got myself a 2008 Gti DSG 3 door.  It's got a multi function flat bottom steering wheel with a phone symbol on and (I think) a RCN 500 stereo.  No Bluetooth option .. was wondering what the best options were for either changing the headset to a newer VW one with blue tooth or any kits that can be fitted?  Thanks.

Offline cenobytez

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Bluetooth options
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:01:16 pm »
1. do you mean rcd or rns?
2. you can add bluetooth simply by adding a bluetooth module without changing the stereo, otherwise you would need to change the stereo to a newer RNS510 unit or 315 unit. The satnav units tend to come with bt?

Offline Pashka

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:40:33 pm »
Bluetooth options for you are two:
1. Get RCD510 (cheapest in your case) etc unit plus bluetooth module with loom.
or
2. Get RNS315 with built in bluetooth.
The main point is that RCD500 doesnt support bluetooth and red fis doesnt work with new bluetooth modules aswell.

There is 1 one more way, and the cheapest, if you have MFSW, you could get 1k0 730D bluetooth module, which works with all phones, supports MFSW, but doesnt show anything anywhere, etc headunit or fis display. Can answer/end call via wheel or phone, calling only from phone, supports bt audio.
06 1.9 TDI Owner. Retrofits: Bixenons, Drls, Full GT/GTI exterior, RNS510+MDI+Premium Bluetooth+RVC+OPS, Full Fis, MFSW, Cruise control, TPMS, Polar Fis, Boot pop up and more.. :)
Coding, diagnostic and retrofits in Leeds
Pre coded Can Gateways for battery drain issues with RNS510 and similar headunits
Premium Bluetooth modules/kit
RNS510 Service - codes, maps/firmware updates
Latest V8 West EU maps update service for RNS315

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 05:35:08 pm »
A Polar BT module from Auto Polar can make the new BT modules show in the Red FIS and work well with MFSW. I have it and it's much better than just controlling the BT with the RNS-510. :smiley: