Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage 1  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Revo Stage 1
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 09:33:12 pm »
I really dont think that the map will be at fault, its exactly the same as everyone else's.
I would take it to a garage and get a proper diagnosis before exploring DSG servicing.
There is also a reset that can be done with the DSG box which can be done with VCDS i believe, but again the symptoms of a DSG gear box with faults are never clutch slip.  :chicken: 
Keep us informed of what happens this is quite interesting, Obviously not for you but you know what i mean.  :rolleye:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 09:37:45 pm »
I was thinking of taking it back to amd where I got the revo installed.. Do you think main dealer would fob me off as it's mapped & never did it pre revo..

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 09:39:16 pm »
Not blaming the map TC just concerned it may be on very agressive settings.  :smiley:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 09:44:02 pm »
That's what I thought but it seems strange it only occurs in second.. If it was the settings then I would expect the same in all gears? I will contact amd 2moro & mention the issue & ask what settings my car was set at

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:04 pm »
Not blaming the map TC just concerned it may be on very agressive settings.  :smiley:

I was replying to the ops post bud, i pressed post almost straight after you did.  :happy2:

I was thinking of taking it back to amd where I got the revo installed.. Do you think main dealer would fob me off as it's mapped & never did it pre revo..

The problem with taking it back to the dealer is if it clutch slip, they will just tell you to get on your bike because of the map. You cant take the map off and take it because its fine without the map.  :rolleye:

Taking it back to AMD as a first point of call sounds a good shout to me, i bet they will be as surprised as us lot.  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 09:49:28 pm »
If it is AMD in Essex then they should be able to replicate on their rollers and advise accordingly.

No worries TC.  :love:

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »
Yea it's amd Essex.. Will give them a shout & let u guys know.. Thanks again for the help