Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo intake fitting instructions  (Read 5012 times)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Revo intake fitting instructions
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »
Hi all

Just purchased a revo intake - wondering if there are any instructions or guides around for fitting? Or am I best to try and wing it? Lol

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
Re: Revo intake fitting instructions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:08:26 pm »
Depends how you feel working around your engine, but is really easy, i could probably fit and remove the full revo intake in about 4 mins !  :party:

It is straight forward, have you ever removed your OE intake before ?

If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Kam88

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:57:53 pm »
Hi all

Just purchased a revo intake - wondering if there are any instructions or guides around for fitting? Or am I best to try and wing it? Lol

You have to use some real force to pull off your old engine cover but its super easy to fit the revo

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:01:48 pm »
Depends how you feel working around your engine, but is really easy, i could probably fit and remove the full revo intake in about 4 mins !  :party:

Removed the engine cover and done s few bits like PCV and diverter valve myself. Hopefully have a bash it it tomorrow..4 mins is impressive though! You anywhere near Leicester? Lol

Kam88

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:14:38 pm »

Removed the engine cover and done s few bits like PCV and diverter valve myself. Hopefully have a bash it it tomorrow..4 mins is impressive though! You anywhere near Leicester? Lol

to be honest first time shouldn't take you any longer then 20-30minutes if you doing for first time hardest part is removing the old engine cover  :signLOL:

i could do it on mine under 10 minutes  :signLOL: i would recommend cutting your engine cover down so it can fit the induction kit

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:18:35 am »

Removing the OE intake would be the hardest thing to do, when fitting your new Revo intake, the most time consuming part is to line up the jubilee clips, the clip at the turbo, is tight to get at, but if you have a Bendy Screwdriver type Flexable Hex Shank Bit Holder, it allows easier access to the clip.
So start by fitting it first, don't tighten the clip to tight, just yet, as you may need to adjust the turbo pipe to line up the intake better, when fitted.

Change your MAF sensor over, it can only fit one way, the connecter clip is on top. Should have nice new small bolts and spacers...

Once you have the rubber turbo pipe fitted to the turbo, fit your revo heat sheild, that part is fun!  So depending on the type of heat sheild you have, once fitted, you can then fit your intake pipe, if your heat sheild has a hole, you must insert the intake pipe through it first, nice and easy, you don't want to scratch it, then fit the other end of the intake to the turbo pipe, not tighting that clip to much just yet, This is when you start to line everything up to fit nice, so the intake is too the way your happy it fits, line the bolt and spacer up ready to fit,  tighten the lower turbo clip, connect intake to bolt and small black spacer at the side of the intake, don't over tighten, just tight enough.

I find it easier to Pre fit the rubber and clips to the filter, clips don't need to be overly tight at this point, fit the filter line up the rubber nice and even, tighten the clips, check everything over a few times just to be safe and sure.

Connect your MAF Sensor , stand back and smile !

think that should help keep you right....  :happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:26:12 am »
Thanks @scopes that gives me an indication what direction to go in. I'll have a bash at it tonight after work. I'm sure once I've got it all off I'll feel a lot better about it.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 08:14:58 pm »
fitted it today - my brothers mechanic was on hand to help me with a few bits - all on and going nicely now  :happy2:

thanks for your help @scopes and @Kam88

Kam88

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 06:59:38 am »
fitted it today - my brothers mechanic was on hand to help me with a few bits - all on and going nicely now  :happy2:

thanks for your help @scopes and @Kam88

No worries mate enjoy  :happy2:

Offline fozz1e

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »
Hi shoaybmakda, what do you think of the intake - how it drives and sounds? And where did you get it from? I want to get one this week, looking at £275 on eBay for what looks like a genuine Revo part.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 09:18:53 am »
@fozz1e I got mine via eBay but the seller was a forum member on here. Intake is as I expected it to be drives fine with some noises under acceleration and has a nice sound when you put your foot down. But unfortunately due to a change in circumstances I may have to sell it and return the car back to standard (I blame the wife!)  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:20:52 am by shoaybmakda »