Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG maxogen whistle  (Read 22737 times)

h4rdy

Re: ITG maxogen whistle
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50:29 pm »
Glad your happy but sad you didn't get to the bottom of it.

That video of the US forge is a mk6 yes? Does that not have a different turbo too?

I think its either the dv location or what I said.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »
Glad your happy but sad you didn't get to the bottom of it.

That video of the US forge is a mk6 yes? Does that not have a different turbo too?

I think its either the dv location or what I said.

Yes disappointing but its another day on the road and Nick has already been an absolute hero with sorting my problems out already so didnt want to push my luck messing about with an intake I knew deep down I wasn't going to keep anyway (didnt like the power delivery later in the rev range).

probably DV location as you say as thats the 1 thing thats different with the KO3 / KO4 (other than turbo size)
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:49 pm »
I have a fresh K03 turbo waiting to go on mine, which may prove/disprove the wastegate theory soon.....

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 07:54:04 pm »
I've decided to sell the ITG and not bother with an induction kit at all.

If you fancy selling the enclosed filter section separately, please let me know  :happy2:

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »
I've decided to sell the ITG and not bother with an induction kit at all.

If you fancy selling the enclosed filter section separately, please let me know  :happy2:

see the sales section
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2015, 07:27:58 pm »
Sorry to raise an old thread. But I didn't have this on my k03 using a ramair k04 kit. But I now have the VW racing kit and I get this whistle on full throttle around 4-5k. Why would I get it on 1 get but not other.  Bigger pipe work and no forced air??

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2015, 07:52:08 pm »
Sorry to raise an old thread. But I didn't have this on my k03 using a ramair k04 kit. But I now have the VW racing kit and I get this whistle on full throttle around 4-5k. Why would I get it on 1 get but not other.  Bigger pipe work and no forced air??
Hi mate, been reading plenty of your posts recently, sounds like you're having a nightmare with intakes!

I'm pretty sure this resonance (sounds like a flute/recorder/harmonica?) is inherant in the standard k03 setup. I heard it on mine when it was completely standard for a couple of days over the summer. Strangely I haven't heard it since.

But the point is that this resonance is amplified by fitting an aftermarket intake on a k03 car - rather than the sound coming from the intake itself.

I've decided against an intake for mine, there just seems to be too many potential downsides against the gains. I'll be going Stage 2+ and possibly even k03 hybrid, and at no point have I read or heard that an aftermarket intake would be an essential part of a 2+/3 setup. Do you NEED it??

Just as a final thought - k04 cars seem to avoid this resonance issue. Whether that's down to the turbo itself or the different dv and pipework route, who knows, but you can do a dv relocation on a k03 car to match the setup on a k04 car. If you're absolutely determined to fit an intake and avoid this resonance thing, dv relocation might be an idea. It might work, it might not. Otherwise just go back to standard.

Offline Vwgtiking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
ITG maxogen whistle
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2015, 08:01:36 pm »
Yep.  Will give this a go for a bit then I may sell this on. That's now nearly £500 on intakes. The ramair was just to noisy for me And the vwr has this intake whistle.

May go back to std with a panel filter.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2015, 08:55:21 pm »
Oem for me from now on  :jumpmove: