Make a donation

Author Topic: New member, just bought GTI leaks appeared??  (Read 1043 times)

Offline barryvrs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
New member, just bought GTI leaks appeared??
« on: September 23, 2015, 12:51:07 am »
Hello everyone i'm new to the vw scene i have just bought myself a golf GTI mk5 2006 5dr dsg with 60,000 on the clock full history and 1 prev mature owner it has dsg reverse sensors, xenons, electric drivers seat, elec sunroof, elec folding mirrors and 6 disc cd changer with armrest, totally standard apart from painted wheels. I'm loving the car so far although the previouse owner had private plates on the car prior and he had fitted the origonal plates back on the car, when i removed the plate screws to fit my wolfsburg plate holders and pressed plates, a fluid dripped on to the lower grill then stopped (not a lot) it had gone and a few days later reappered the only thing i can think off is headlamp washer pipe as haven't removed the bumper yet, anyone any ideas what it could be thanks Barry

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:05:10 am by barryvrs »

Offline barryvrs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
Re: New member, just bought GTI leaks appeared??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 01:03:24 am »
Took the grill off to find no pipes behind the bumper, my only conclusion is my headlamp washer is spaying in towards the grill and lying on the foam crossmember cover, or am i wrong

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:59:19 am »
Welcome, tidy looking GTI what's the spec? Best to remove the bumper & check but could be the headlight washer pipe did the fluid smell of washer fluid? :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline barryvrs

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 01:20:03 am »
I took the bumper off and there was nothing behind it i can only think its from the headlamp washers as only reappered when i sprayed them on the moterway