Make a donation

Author Topic: Car wont move or stall!  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Hashmk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: MK5 Golf 04 plate
Car wont move or stall!
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:54:41 pm »
so the other day I'm parking up and I heard an almost grinding noise coming from the front drivers side of my car. I stopped, back into first and tried again but this time the car did not move, and a grinding noise from the same side came as I lifted the clutch peddle and found the bite. The car stops making the noise when I take it out of gear but if I lift the clutch the whole way the car does not stall atall. instead the car makes the same grinding noise till the clutch is depressed again.

I think I'm going mad and failed to diagnose this problem for two days now! btw its an 04 plate mk5 1.4 petrol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Car wont move or stall!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:08:04 pm »
CV joint gone bye bye?

Offline Hashmk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: MK5 Golf 04 plate
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:07:52 am »
Thanks for the reply scottymon, had someone look at it and they suspect the same. Hopefully should get it sorted soon!

Offline DanMaytee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:07:28 pm »
The same happened to my old Bora.  Everytime I lifted the clutch to the biting point it would make a horrible grinding noise then a few miles from where we was staying (was on holiday at the time) it just wouldn't bite or do anything anymore.  Turned out to be the clutch in my case although there were no other symptoms (slipping etc) beforehand.