Make a donation

Author Topic: PCV revision for early cars  (Read 1420 times)

Offline gtivirgin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
PCV revision for early cars
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:49:15 am »
In the process of doing the usual bits on my 55 GTI (just done DV and amazed at the difference it made) but bit confused about the PCV. I know there are different revisions for early cars and later cars with and without a check valve.

Searched through threads but can't seem to find an answer for this. Mine is a 55 so does it need the latest revision that comes without a check valve pipe or do I need the latest revision and also to buy the check valve pipe to replace the pipe I have already? If I just need the PCV without check valve pipe, do I also have to replace the surrounding pipes (I know the rubber seal has to be replaced) or is there no need to replace it as the pipe doesn't have a check valve and therefore would not need replacing as nothing could be broken with it?

Sorry I know the whole PCV thing has been covered loads but it is hard to find definitive answer on the whole check valve pipe situation as it seems from threads I have read a lot of people have mistakenly bought the check valve pipe for their car when it didn't need it and ended up with the engine running funny.

Thanks!

Offline ReflexRob

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: PCV revision for early cars
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:51 pm »
Best bet is phone the dealer,  give them your vin code and they will tell you the relevant latest parts. Mine is an 05 axx and I was given the latest pcv unit and a metal rear tube.

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:44:28 pm »
Failing that, give AKS Tuning a call, Alex will know and probably be able to source all the parts for you.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline hlcst

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 07:06:27 pm »
The Revision R is the only one you can get from the dealers now AFAIK, This is the one that Alex fits too at AKS  :happy2:

Offline gtivirgin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 09:40:32 pm »
Cheers. Didn't think to check ebay, been meaning to ring dealers but never get a chance in the day let alone a chance to drive to my nearest one during opening hours. Do I need to do the gasket as well? Ebay ones don't seem to come with it so assuming it is a separate part?

Offline hlcst

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 07:38:30 am »
Yeah you will need a new gasket I can't remember the part number but some places supply the gasket with the pcv

Offline Gaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 08:46:46 am »
Have you considered buying a PCV delete? Thats what id be doing especially if you plan to tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk