Make a donation

Author Topic: Cat Back Exhaust  (Read 1508 times)

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
Cat Back Exhaust
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:30 pm »
Sorry about my ignorance. But can anyone explain the workings of a cat back exhaust / de cat exhaust. :notwise

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Offline dronners

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Cat Back Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:01 pm »
its a piece of pipe with boxes in it containing either a sound absorbing material or chambers to reduce the noise.  in regards to the cats/decat its either another "box"  containing materials laced with precious metals that react with harmful combustion bi products and convert them into safer elements.   or a decat is basically just a straight through pipe without any of that restrictive catalyst material

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Cat Back Exhaust
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »
its a piece of pipe with boxes in it containing either a sound absorbing material or chambers to reduce the noise.  in regards to the cats/decat its either another "box"  containing materials laced with precious metals that react with harmful combustion bi products and convert them into safer elements.   or a decat is basically just a straight through pipe without any of that restrictive catalyst material
Sorry mate I maybe didn't word that too well..I know the function of an exhaust but my question was supposed to ask the difference a pre cat and de cat would have on performance , noise etc

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk