Make a donation

Author Topic: Bit of Urgent Help please  (Read 14344 times)

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Bit of Urgent Help please
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 07:36:17 am »
Only now have i been able to look at the logs - sorry mate!

Look at the log of block 91, and compare the specified camshaft position vs the actual...... at idle it is ok, but once driving it is massivley out of spec and will be causing a lot of your issues! it's also failing the diagnostic/basic setting from the look of the last log.

A coilpack will not solve all of your issues mate, looks like the N205 is prime suspect and will need replacing:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16395/P0011/000017
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:39:41 am by Dan_FR »
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 07:51:33 am »

Look at the log of block 91, and compare the specified camshaft position vs the actual...... at idle it is ok, but once driving it is massivley out of spec and will be causing a lot of your issues! it's also failing the diagnostic/basic setting from the look of the last log.

A coilpack will not solve all of your issues mate, looks like the N205 is prime suspect and will need replacing:

Thanks mate.

Yeah I suspect I have a Misfire too as the Cylinder fault follows coil 2 wherever I place it so this will need doing anyway.

But yeah the N205 issue which happened last week which did not seem to cause any issues apart from the EML coming on but once I did the basic settings the EML disappeared and the car ran for a bit before the error came back.

I am looking at getting it replaced now anyway but I was hoping the coil fix would stop the engine from jerking around and then I could hand over to the garage to sort the N20(as exspensive) under Warranty.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2015, 07:52:48 am »
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/recalls

This confuses me then as on there it says my car is not due for any recall however the 3 Coils I have are not in the list of ok ones.

Plus I was under the impression this wasn't a recall as such so would it show up on that link you gave me.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:15 am »

Thanks mate.

Yeah I suspect I have a Misfire too as the Cylinder fault follows coil 2 wherever I place it so this will need doing anyway.

But yeah the N205 issue which happened last week which did not seem to cause any issues apart from the EML coming on but once I did the basic settings the EML disappeared and the car ran for a bit before the error came back.

I am looking at getting it replaced now anyway but I was hoping the coil fix would stop the engine from jerking around and then I could hand over to the garage to sort the N20(as exspensive) under Warranty.

Why spend money on some parts if you have a warranty? Personally i would ring the company, tell them the garage is too far and the car is undriveable, and if they insist then tell them the car will need to be recovered. Check the small print and T&Cs of your warranty very carefully as most are rubbish and there are so many clauses as to what is not covered, or what they will and won't pay for.

If the warranty is from where you bought the car from (a dealership of some kind) then go back to them about it, car is not fit for purpose, they either sort it or take the car back for full purchase price etc.

Do your research and prepare for a battle!
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 08:05:43 am »

Thanks mate.

Why spend money on some parts if you have a warranty? Personally i would ring the company, tell them the garage is too far and the car is undriveable, and if they insist then tell them the car will need to be recovered. Check the small print and T&Cs of your warranty very carefully as most are rubbish and there are so many clauses as to what is not covered, or what they will and won't pay for.

If the warranty is from where you bought the car from (a dealership of some kind) then go back to them about it, car is not fit for purpose, they either sort it or take the car back for full purchase price etc.

Do your research and prepare for a battle!

I do agree there mate but have had that initial battle and they advise I would have to pay for recovery and if the fault turns out to be covered under warranty I can claim back up to £120 for recovery costs.

Also apart from the distance they are advising I need a Service as it is due before the Warranty will intervene and the Warranty company are charging me £179 which is booked into Halford's, where as I can get a Service off VW for £139 but not until Monday so hesitant to pay more to not even get a Manufacturer Service

Might sound stupid but yeah I am thinking I will take the hit on the Coil and if solves the jerking I can then drop it into VW on Moday for full Service and hopefully Coil replacement and go from there

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 08:12:57 am »
So first bit of good news is I rang VW and my Coils are part of a recall so need to get booked into my Local VW to sort.

Just checking but I presume I do not need to meet any specific Criteria like Full Service done or within a time period to get them replaced. All I need is to have the actual recall coils in the car which it seems 3 of them are so they may only swap 3 and not the 4

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 08:34:31 am »
So booked in at my local VW dealership for an Interim Service and also a Coil Pack replacement so I am thinking I will get this done as Service is only £139 as opposed to the Warranty company charging me £179 just to get one a Halfords.

Then from there likely I will have to take it into the Warranty company Garage to sort the N205 Valve or whatever other fault it may be if the Service and Coils do not sort it.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2015, 02:10:02 pm »
So the latest update which seems to have got better maybe.

Ended up buying a Coil from Euro for £22

Scanned car beforehand and had the misfires and juddery engine, swapped coil over with suspected faulty and hey presto no judder at all and misfire errors gone. However EML light was still on.

So got the car home and clear all engine codes and did a full scan and initially it found 1 fault as below

001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit
               P0642 - 002 - Low
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01100010
                    Fault Priority: 0
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 255
                    Mileage: 115786 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 14:00:41

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 0 /min
                    Load: 0.0 %
                    Speed: 0.0 km/h
                    Temperature: 84.0°C
                    Temperature: 48.0°C
                    Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
                    Voltage: 12.827 V

So I for some reason performed basic settings on block 142 with ignition on but engine off and it gave me the below

.500v - upper Voltage
.860v - lower Voltage
30 - Adaption Status
Error - Adaption Condition(with all the other faults this was saying OK before)

Then ran block 200 with engine on and idle, and pressed brake and throttle together and got Error there too

So re-scanned he car and as well as the above error it shows

012690 - Intake Manifold Runner Control
               P3192 - 008 - Basic Setting Aborted - Mech. Stop Closed
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101000
                    Fault Priority: 0
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 255
                    Mileage: 115786 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 14:00:41

Freeze Frame:
                    RPM: 0 /min
                    Load: 0.0 %
                    Speed: 0.0 km/h
                    Temperature: 84.0°C
                    Temperature: 48.0°C
                    Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
                    Voltage: 12.827 V

My plan is it is booked into VW for Full Service and Coil replacement on Monday and then if anymore errors into the Warranty garage

Should I be worried the basic settings failed and I got the 2nd error and what could I check for the 1st if I have not already done so?

Thanks

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2015, 02:25:35 pm »
Tried googling but finding it difficult.

Anyone know where and how I check the below

Check Wiring from/to the following Components and Components themselves:
        Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31)
        Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Position Sensor (G336)
        Low Pressure Fuel Sensor (G410)
    Check TPL 2016420 (RoW)
        Check Engine Control Module Software Version, if necessary perform Update.
        Replace Intake Manifold Runner (V157) with updated part.
    Check TSB 01-08-12 or 2018402
        Check Engine Control Module Software Version, if necessary perform Update.
        Replace Intake Manifold Runner (V157) with updated part.
        Additional information may be found by searching RVU 24M2 / O3 (Exp. date November 30, 2011) or calling the VW dealer and checking the VIN.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2015, 09:13:41 am »
Anyone got a How to Guide on checking the above things around the Manifold and location of the sensors.

Could it also be maybe a fuse as in worth checking nothing is blown in the fuse box

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »
Right so after all the problems it seems to be finally sorted now.

Car had a Service at VW and Coil pack swap which I knew would sort the Misfire but also the car felt a lot better.

However it still had the EML light on which VW noted on the free health check but did not do any further diagnostics.

Got home and first went to Engine code, there were 3 faults from before, cleared them and EML went straight off. Re-scanned the car and no faults. Been driving the car for a day and no EML on still.

So think the N205 Valve will need to be replaced eventually but the damage to it is more cosmetic on the connection hopefully.

The Health Check did find my CV boot which I was looking to replace myself is now fully split and the wheel bearings on one of the wheels is noisy and need fixing so a few more repairs  :confused:

Offline GTI_Kyle

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:51 pm »
irish_ram sorry to bring up an old thread, did you ever get the Intake camshaft fault code sorted?

Mine come up with the same last night & cut out on me this morning  :fighting:

Stage 2 Graphite Blue DSG GTi - Too many mods to list...

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2016, 07:42:13 pm »
irish_ram sorry to bring up an old thread, did you ever get the Intake camshaft fault code sorted?

Hi mate,

Yes it was the N80 Valve in the end, the connection was damaged so kept coming loose, bought a working 2nd hand one and fixed the problem

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »

Hi mate,

Yes it was the N80 Valve in the end, the connection was damaged so kept coming loose, bought a working 2nd hand one and fixed the problem

Sorry meant N205 Valve which I replaced

Offline GTI_Kyle

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 04:33:36 pm »

Hi mate,

Sorry meant N205 Valve which I replaced

Heads coming off tonight so hopefully everything will be ok & it is just the valve  :sad1: Did it cause your engine to 'tap' louder than usual?

Stage 2 Graphite Blue DSG GTi - Too many mods to list...