Make a donation

Author Topic: My Tornado Red GTI  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Arniemark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
My Tornado Red GTI
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:56:05 am »
Hi everyone,

Been on the website for a few months ever since I bought my golf. It has been extremely useful for all the small mods ive done to improve it so figured I would put up a post to show what has happened so far...

Bought the car looking like this:

standard enough 05 Golf GTI. It has DSG, the chequered seats and is standard all round.

So first thing I added to the car was probably the simplest, added the gti badges to the seats of the car. Simple but effect lol!

Got a personalised plate put on the car as it was something I've always wanted to do.
Next after throughly reading up on head units on this forum, I added the RNS 510 head unit with the GPS and bluetooth. Really great unit that serves all my tech needs in the car.

The latest mod was the actual alloys on the car. It was bought with the standard monza's, but these were badly kerbed and in dire need of a refurb. Figured an easier option would be to simply upgrade to the newer Monza 2's. Think it really sets the car off:

And finally today I've just sent her off to get the back windows tinted so cant wait to see how that sets the car off!

So thats about it for now. After this I think the focus will shift to more mechanical areas such as timing belt, dsg oil change etc.

Anyway thanks for reading and hope to add more to this in the future =)

Offline hlcst

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
Re: My Tornado Red GTI
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 08:20:11 pm »
Welcome bud love the colour

Offline Monster_Mike

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • And so it begins.......
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:55:06 pm »
Welcome mate, I've just joined with a 5 door too.. My Monza's are in a right state to be honest.. Might go down your route too of just replacing them...

Mike

Offline Arniemark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:18 am »
Thanks folks. Mike it makes such a difference to the car, real head turner these days!

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 09:07:03 am »
Welcome, look forward to your build & great choice with the RNS 510. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:31 am »
welcome.

slippery slope.. I started off just doing a couple of bits  :signLOL:

Best colour too  :drinking:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:13 pm »
Welcome !!
Car looks good mate. Been trying to talk myself round to buying an RNS 510. Can I ask where you got it??

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Offline Arniemark

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 01:34:56 pm »
It's a great piece of kit if you have the money lol! I got mine on ebay - it just came with the head unit and the GPS antenna so I had to buy the bluetooth module separately.

The biggest issue was getting a new can bus gateway as my car would have suffered from the dreaded battery drain issue. I got a precoded one from a members of this site's ebay (think his name is Eddie-NZ). Then just got it all fitted in one go. Perfect setup, have 100's of songs saved to the built in harddrive and mix it up by using an SD card from time to time.