Make a donation

Author Topic: Windows Open by themselves?!?!!?!??!  (Read 6091 times)

Offline riz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Windows Open by themselves?!?!!?!??!
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:36:35 am »
Firstly i may add i wasnt intoxicated

Secondly im 100% sure my windows were not open last night.

But this morning both windows were wide open!
There was frost on the inside of the car and no visible signs of entry, it honestly didnt look like anyone had touched the car.

So it looks like my windows came down automatically overnight!! Im sure i didnt press the window button down key last night either. AS there were two of us getting out of the car and we didnt hear anything!!!!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: Windows Open by themselves?!?!!?!??!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:55:53 am »
Lol, this happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  Its about the third time its happened overall!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:46:52 am »
My windows have never opened over night but sometimes I will be driving and I pull the up window so it shuts totally. When the window reaches the top a second later it will come down by itself and stop 3/4 of the way down. It doesn't happen very often though. Maybe two times since I've owned it.
Also sometimes my passenger door will stay locked (when I press it twice to unlock all doors). Its really quite annoying! I took it into VW and they said it was reprogrammed but it still does it!  :fighting:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:54:33 pm »
few guys on briskoda have had this as well.

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 02:42:31 pm »
This used to happen on MK4s, and I had a similar problem on my last Ibiza. 

It turned out the lock cylinder was playing up, it was thinking that the key was in the door lock, being held in the anti-clockwise position (wind down the windows mode).

It happened to me at this time of year too, I think it got water inside which froze and did the damage.
My windows have never opened over night but sometimes I will be driving and I pull the up window so it shuts totally. When the window reaches the top a second later it will come down by itself and stop 3/4 of the way down. It doesn't happen very often though. Maybe two times since I've owned it.
Also sometimes my passenger door will stay locked (when I press it twice to unlock all doors). Its really quite annoying!

Mine does all these things too, when I get my hands on VCDS I'm turning 2-stage locking off.  My theory on the window was down to my car as my door frame seems to be a bit bent, but upon further inspection it's definately something electrical as something keeps on cutting the power on the upwards stage, no matter where the window is and whether I use the switch on the door, key in door lock, or with the remote. 

My next step is to take the door skin off (damn sight easier than removing the door card and the window reg frame!) and check the wiring.  We had a 55 reg Golf Plus in at work the other week and we found half the door wires broken.  It takes me 5 minutes to shut every morning, bloody annoying!
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 04:48:41 pm »
Firstly i may add i wasnt intoxicated

Secondly im 100% sure my windows were not open last night.

But this morning both windows were wide open!
There was frost on the inside of the car and no visible signs of entry, it honestly didnt look like anyone had touched the car.

So it looks like my windows came down automatically overnight!! Im sure i didnt press the window button down key last night either. AS there were two of us getting out of the car and we didnt hear anything!!!!

its a faulty module. Take it to the stealers and they will replace. It is sorta common. Just make sure they actually replace the module and not just turn it off in vag com.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 05:37:26 pm »
Ghosts.

Offline GTI_Daz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 05:51:46 pm »
 :confused: never heard of this! like ollie ive had it where i have pulled up, put the window up fully and it has opened by itself again. other than that not had a problem

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 07:52:15 am »
This was an issue for early GTI's and was fixed with a software update.

Ollies problem sounds like the 'anti cut your head off' safety device is activating and rolling the windows back down thinking there is an obstruction.
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant