Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo installed !  (Read 2634 times)

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Revo installed !
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:48:19 am »
Well I have made the swap from bluefin to Revo (stg 1) and have today set my parameters B8 T5 F9 and then went for a test run with a nice full tank of V-power.  All i can say is that i am very impressed with the power delivery compared to the bluefin, it is more aggressive, pulls harder and smooth all the way from 2300 RPM up to the red line.  Roads were a bit wet this morning and was getting the TCS light flashing going from 3rd into 4th   :jumping: pretty impressive, so cant wait to test it out on a nice dry road to get the full potential.

I will be getting my bluefin handset reset by SC and will be punting it on fairly cheap if anyone is interested in a BF map for an edition 30.  I could not get on with it at all but there are plenty people on here who seem to love it. It should be on the for sale board soon. 

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Revo installed !
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:14:03 pm »
good to see oyr crs working as itr should now.

yor bluefon ahndset wil work on alot more vehicles than just ed 30 as well.

It will work on all the mk5 platforms from golf/a3/leon/octavia provided bluefin do a remap for the specific engine of each car.
try flogging it on other websites such as brikoda/ seat cupra net as well to open the market up a little

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/  link for people interested

Offline tonym1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 04:28:55 pm »
what do you call cheap mate and how long before its reset and ready to go

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 04:49:57 pm »
sorry bud, it is sold, getting reset on saturday.

Kevin

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 06:53:59 pm »
Good to see you are happy with the software mate and more importantly now happy with the car..  :wink: Seems like you have got some tasty setting there too  :driver:  :evilgrin:  :wink:
Just watch it on the slippery slope now bud, especially this time of year...  :grin:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »
Cheers mate,  very happy with the performance now, super power delivery and nice drive with the eibach sportlines. After the festives are over, I am going to have a weeks worth of getting the bodywork and wheels all pristine and waxed up, got some claying to do, go over the car with Autoglym SRP and then try out my new angelwax  :party:

Must get some pics up when it is all done, car looks mint on the 19" CH's and eibachs....especially with the Candy white paintwork   :jumpmove:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 11:13:57 pm »
glad its all sorted now,you can enjoy the car for the reason you bought it for

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 01:17:52 am »
Roads were a bit wet this morning and was getting the TCS light flashing going from 3rd into 4th   :jumping: pretty impressive,

Do you remember the first thing I said when we approached the roundabout at B&Q with the Superchips code in place :wink:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:41:43 am »
Roads were a bit wet this morning and was getting the TCS light flashing going from 3rd into 4th   :jumping: pretty impressive,

Do you remember the first thing I said when we approached the roundabout at B&Q with the Superchips code in place :wink:

Now i know why you were asking, there is no chance i could do the same vagcom run in the wet now without the car offering to spin up the front tyres  :grin:  ......now what does the next stage involve again ???  :grin:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 11:25:51 am »
just a down pipe realistically, the cats the restricitive bit, about £500 for performance downpipe and cat, but you could always get a de-cat downpipe for a lot less pipewerx do a 3" De-cat DP for £265. add your £50 for the revo upgrade to stage 2

so for £315 you could be pushing out nother 30hp now thats value for money. this is the reason the k04 engine is the way forward for tuning