Make a donation

Author Topic: MV Sport Downpipe  (Read 6671 times)

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 9
    • Build thread
MV Sport Downpipe
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:12:58 pm »
Hi guys - does anybody know if the downpipe for an S3 is the same as the Edition 30 one?
There is a GB going on the Audi forum which I may be interested in....http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83998

thanks in advance  :happy2:

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
Re: MV Sport Downpipe
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 11:06:00 pm »
wow - 42 reads and not one reply - gotta be a record! :confused:
I'll have to call Milltek I think!  :laugh:

Offline baldwined30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »
Mate, i had the MV full system fitted to my ed30 about 2 months ago! great bit of kit! the car f#####g flys now in stage 2 form!! they are a great company to purchase from! :wink:
Ed30

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:05 pm »
it might fit, but s3 is 4 wheel drive ed30 2 wheel drive, i know the ed30 don't fit an s3, so  :confused:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:02 pm »
Dave phillips on here organised this, best bet would be to ask him...even tho he fitted it to his s3 but he might still know the differences.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:44:13 pm »
i think SKAVIA has gone Milltek but yeh the S3 and ED30 downpipes are normally the same, and surely the GTI downpipe is the same too?
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »
Nick's right :happy2: - I have gone de-cat Milltek Res since as I couldn't wait for the answers!  :grin:
Thanks for the replies anyway - usefull to know!  :signLOL:
The car defo flies - ST2+ is coming very soon!  :innocent:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »
Are you running around with a light on due to de-cat or does revo sort the light issue?

Offline SKAVIA

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Build thread
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »
Yeah emissions light (the engine symbol) is on - I'm hoping Revo takes it out when I get it done.

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 08:59:36 pm »
Nick's right :happy2: - I have gone de-cat Milltek Res since as I couldn't wait for the answers!  :grin:
Thanks for the replies anyway - usefull to know!  :signLOL:
The car defo flies - ST2+ is coming very soon!  :innocent:

i thought you were already on stage 2+? you seriously need to update your build thread!  :popcornsoda:

there are 2 sensors apparently S3Dubbin and only one is turned off with the software, i think. i got a emissions warning recently when Dom logged my car but i passed the emissions test a couple of weeks earlier which was weird.  :confused:

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:05:23 pm »
I dont get any lights on mine running the MV Sport DP with 100cell cat, The MV sport downpipe is a brilliant piece of kit and is very well priced. After fitting the dowpipe to my OEM catback section the car felt like it has been mapped again, turbo started spooling earlier and pulled far harder than before. One of my best mods so far  :happy2:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:13:57 pm »
Any before and after gains from de-cat? All the talk about needing the back pressure caused by the cat?

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 09:17:06 pm »
what software do you have david? mine is also 100 cell cat and i got the light but it was nothing to worry about, although not knowing what was wrong at the time i drove off boost and very slowly for a few days! by the time dom told me to open it up to log it i completely forgot how quick it was! nearly cacked my pant going sideways toward a lorry!  :grin:

the reason i got the light could be down to a number of factos though as my system was fitted incorrectly but speaking to carl at revo if i get the light again they will have a look at the code for me.  :happy2:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:20:32 pm »
Any before and after gains from de-cat? All the talk about needing the back pressure caused by the cat?

theres not a lot in it, just noise! probably 1 or 2 horses i reckon compared to 100 cell. funnily when i was at VW for my emissions test they said i sailed through and could probably get away with a de-cat too. i think hurdy is de-cat aswell and nielM was too  :happy2:

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:41:06 pm »
what software do you have david? mine is also 100 cell cat and i got the light but it was nothing to worry about, although not knowing what was wrong at the time i drove off boost and very slowly for a few days! by the time dom told me to open it up to log it i completely forgot how quick it was! nearly cacked my pant going sideways toward a lorry!  :grin:

the reason i got the light could be down to a number of factos though as my system was fitted incorrectly but speaking to carl at revo if i get the light again they will have a look at the code for me.  :happy2:

Im running revo stage 2+ software, so does the revo software turn the light off? i was thinking of dropping a decat section in (track days of course  :grin:) and was worried i would get a light on.