Make a donation

Author Topic: Voluntary Termination  (Read 1680 times)

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
Voluntary Termination
« on: October 24, 2015, 10:28:43 am »
Sorry Mods as was not sure where to post this so feel free to move.

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help here.

My Wife has given a car back on Voluntary Termination about a month ago and have today received a repair letter from the Finance company advising of what we need to pay for which I presume they determine as above Wear and Tear. It Lists

L Front Hub Cap Scuff - £20
R Front Hub Cap Scuff - £20
R Rear Hub Cap Scuff - £41.50
Front Bumper Scuff - £101.50
Roof Dent - £48.00

Now this is where I need help. When they originally came to inspect the car the guy got me to sign a sheet which listed all the details of the car and also there was a part of the form which had diagrams of a car where they had marked issue.

The only thing marked on this form is

Accident Damage on Rear right Bumper which is on the repair form they sent but they are not charging me for this as they have marked it as poor repair

Scratch on Rear Right Bumper panel which again is on repair form they sent but they are not charging me for this as they have marked it as poor repair

So anyone had a similar experience and if so where do I stand in terms of I signed a form when they were here agreeing to the 2 marks above but they did not mark any of the stuff they are charging me for?

Thanks in Advance

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Voluntary Termination
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 10:55:36 am »
If you have signed a sheet when the car was picked up then they can't come back now and charge you what you mentioned

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:25:34 am »
If you have signed a sheet when the car was picked up then they can't come back now and charge you what you mentioned

Just rang the car place who advised they were under the impression that the inspection company would have sent them exactly what I signed. So advised this is not the case so sending the proof into them and hopefully all sorted

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:05 am »
As above, I handed back a car about 10 years ago and similar happened.

When I dropped it off, the guy inspected it and said great, sign here. A week later a letter turned up saying I owed them €950 for damage.

I told them to go jump, they chased with the usual threatening letters etc, to no avail.

If you've signed off and acknowledged that damage, then that's all they can get you for.

HTH

EDIT: Looks like your sorted. Happy days  :happy2:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 11:34:43 am »
As above, I handed back a car about 10 years ago and similar happened.

When I dropped it off, the guy inspected it and said great, sign here. A week later a letter turned up saying I owed them €950 for damage.

I told them to go jump, they chased with the usual threatening letters etc, to no avail.

If you've signed off and acknowledged that damage, then that's all they can get you for.

HTH

EDIT: Looks like your sorted. Happy days  :happy2:

Yeah hopefully sorted although stupidly I did sign that sheet without noticing the 2 damage things they marked but luckily for stupid me they had listed these as poor repair and no charge  :confused: