Make a donation

Author Topic: Gti virgin - what a fantastic package this thing is!  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Gti virgin - what a fantastic package this thing is!
« on: October 22, 2015, 11:16:26 pm »
Hola Chaps and Chapeses,

Picked up my first gti last week, came from a Nissan 350z, 3.0i Z4, 335d coupe,  s2000 (fantastic bang for the buck) and lastly a mk2 3.2 TT. Sadly for the last 3 years I've driven a very dull but reliable Honda Accord due to the arrival of two cracking little boys.

I wrote the Honda off in my first ever accident in over 15 years of driving by over shooting a junction and into a Dukes of Hazzard moment  :driver: by hitting a kerb which launched me over a hedge, through a fence and down nose first into a farmers field. Very lucky not to have hit anyone but came away only a bruised ego (drove the Honda home though, it's the only way I was going to get a new car! Joking obviously).

Anyhoo, settled on a pristine 2006 dsg car with 60k, what an effortless weapon it is with that gearbox.....makes me wonder why I bothered with the other cars before it!

Looking forward to getting involved and will be grateful of everyone's knowledge - I need to add cruise, mfsw (primarily for volume control), sat nav and Bluetooth (need hands free for my job) and hopefully Bluetooth streaming would be handy but I'm already hopelessly lost in all the options.

All the best from the Shrops/ staffs border!

Dru
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:40:06 pm by Druster »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Gti virgin - what a fantastic package this thing is!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:26:06 am »
Welcome Dru, get some pics up.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:49:50 am »
Welcome Dru get a build thread up in the members section

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 12:25:47 pm »
Welcome buddy :happy2:
I feel exactly the same way. My wife has been driving a MK5 DSG GTI for 4 years and every time I got in it I just swore one day I'd buy myself one. And that day arrived 3 weeks ago. Got myself a 2007 DSG with leather and a few other bits. Chuffed with it. Good luck wit yours too mate :happy2:

Offline Druster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:40:50 pm »
I think they're actually still pretty expensive if you want dsg + low (ish) mileage and considering you can get similar in an A3 sportback and quite a bit more in a Leon for similar money.  The thing is, neither are in any way shape or form as special as the GTI!

It's clearly only early days but I'm sure I'll still love it when it gives me heartache!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk