Make a donation

Author Topic: New on the block  (Read 1350 times)

Offline WaLLeMs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
New on the block
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:46:45 pm »
Hi guys,

New to the forum, been wanting a mk5 (not the 6,7) just the mk5 for many years so now is my chance to get one

I have not bought now just yet as the right one is not coming my way however i have been to view a few and there are some real cowboys out there.

Here is a true story:  :confused:

viewed a car off ebay as i have been looking everywhere and found this gem.

went today to view it and all seemed fine but was just too good to be true (was not a Ed30 but still i am not that fussy)
too a view from the side and thats when it went all down hill, the guy kept going on about alignment but i was not listening to him cause we all know ppl talk sh*t to make you think its just a great deal.
i noticed a large amount of polish on the side and it was a long piece being covered up lol i questioned it and was told its a trolly from tescos.
went for a test drive, I have never been in a GTI  :surprised: (not even in a passenger seat) as i have this thing in my head that when i get in one i am gonna buy it so ja that one was out of the window. :signLOL: as coming from a vw jetta mk2 it had this humming sound and on this test drive was doing the samething...... now this is the cracker, he let go of the steering wheel and said look it drives straight

then tried to open it the door after the test drive and it would not open, not lock issue but the door was stuck  :confused: got out and looked again and that door is stuffed

this one has been in a midnight swipe so he must have tried to get it repaired and flog it

if you interested its still on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-2-0T-GTI-DSG-5DR-/151863092384?hash=item235bbee4a0:g:FMIAAOSwo6lWLiX4

just thought i would share my car hunting stories for now
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:53:51 pm by WaLLeMs »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: New on the block
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:59:56 am »
Welcome to the site. And cheers for sharing your findings - there are indeed a lot of chancers out there! Saw a few massively overpriced low quality examples when I was on the hunt for mine.

Quite a few cars come up on these forums, proper clean looked-after cars, so keep an eye out.

Oh and if you have the budget and patience to hold out for an Ed30, do. If I'd had an extra couple of grand when I was looking for mine I'd have got one..

Although my k03 GTI is a great car, and I love it to bits.

Offline WaLLeMs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:33 pm »
So I have been having a hard look and making sure i dont just go and buy.

I am sticking to my guns on what i want so i found this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/low-mileage-mk5-gti-edition-30-dsg-with-fsh-and-high-spec/4436022

Now when i do a car valuation it cant be found  :confused:

but whats shocking is he wont let you test drive it and its a DSG but he states it as a manual

Thoughts guys???  :jumping:

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13:02 pm »

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/low-mileage-mk5-gti-edition-30-dsg-with-fsh-and-high-spec/4436022

but whats shocking is he wont let you test drive it and its a DSG but he states it as a manual

I think the statement about warranty shows that you will have trouble with the seller in the event of any issues...

Dave

Offline WaLLeMs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:17:50 pm »

I think the statement about warranty shows that you will have trouble with the seller in the event of any issues...

Dave

The fact that he starts with this longgggg into speech about the car is worrying but ending with with a diag is just scary

its basically everything i want but you can never know the honest truth