Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi there! - Help, can't decide between GTi or Edition 30  (Read 7988 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Hi there! - Help, can't decide between GTi or Edition 30
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »
Welcome along matey  :pomppomp: :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »
welcomes  :drinking:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »
Cheers guys, Edition 30 my gut feeling also, @ 52k miles will only just be run in, I have had previous GTis with well over 100k miles and they drove great.  I was only looking for standard GTi but this looks too good to miss, must be fate.  Will pop along and get a look and drive of it this week.
Know anyone who wants a cracking 330ci coupe (mint, intact 1st aid kit, toolkit, torch etc - all the best signs I understand!) before they rip me off with the trade in price  :happy2:

How ironic.....I've just sold my Edition 30 and have just brought a BMW 330 Msport coupe fully loaded.
My Edition as documented on here had some nice APR goodies but it's interesting to compare the 2 cars.

I've only had my Coupe for a week but have to concur that the leather is much better than the VW.
Missing the turbo oomph in the mid range but that straight 6 sounds sooo good! It goes pretty well too for a heavy car and I'm surprised by it's overall pace for just 231 horses!

I had real problems in deciding on what to replace my Golf especially on a tight budget. I looked at 2.7 bi turbo S4's but they are money pits at big miles and I wanted a change from VAG stuff and needed a sensible German car as I can't sitting in French car!
The chassis on the BMW is sublime as is the steering for an OE car but I got a bit of a steal on price as the car has only covered 52K on a 2002 car with full main dealer history and every extra.

Edition 30 would be my choice BTW.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:28:53 pm by Msportman »
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Offline illektronik

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 02:08:12 pm »
Edition 30 without a doubt. Wish we could get them down here.

Offline gonegolfing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »
I changed my 02 325ti for a 07 gti.The Golf is better all round but I do miss the noise of the BMW engine!.

Offline Johnmacster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »
Update:

ED30 I was after went before I had a chance to view - damn snow.

I have test drove a standard 2006 5dr GTi today, very nice place to be I must say.

Its an 06, 28k miles, DSG, leather, 6cd, armrest, 3 services at VW - dealer wants £15k - waiting on a trade in offer from him.

Is this a good price for the car?

PS - msportman - youll love the coupe, I do, if it wasnt for the baby I'd keep it!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:27:53 pm by Johnmacster »

Offline Mackie1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 03:37:17 pm »
Why have cotton when you can have silk...keep searching for that elusive ED30...its out there somewhere and you'll be so glad you waited once you find it. Ed30's are the way forward!! :wink: :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 04:04:45 pm »
Myfastcopilot on here has an Ed30 for sale for around 15k. Perhaps Pm him?

(steel grey Edition30, 5 door with Miltek exhaust)

Offline Johnmacster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 05:06:56 pm »
Myfastcopilot on here has an Ed30 for sale for around 15k. Perhaps Pm him?

(steel grey Edition30, 5 door with Miltek exhaust)

No good as I need to px the BMW as its not shifting privately but thanks for heads up, I'll have a look anyway, cheers  :happy2:

Offline tonker3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 08:32:55 pm »
Hello and welcome.

Prior to my ED30, I owned a standard GTI. You mention wanting the car as family transport. The ride in the ED30 seems notably harsher to me than the standard car. You really do feel every knook and cranny in the road. This is fine for me, as no kiddies. However, if you regularly carry rear seat passengers I think the standard car is the better bet. (I'm not a tech expert on the suspension of each car, somebody may come along in a minute and say suspensions are identical, just saying how it feels to me) I had 18s on the standard GTI, so a fair comparison I think.

Offline Johnmacster

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 08:44:16 pm »
Hello and welcome.

Prior to my ED30, I owned a standard GTI. You mention wanting the car as family transport. The ride in the ED30 seems notably harsher to me than the standard car. You really do feel every knook and cranny in the road. This is fine for me, as no kiddies. However, if you regularly carry rear seat passengers I think the standard car is the better bet. (I'm not a tech expert on the suspension of each car, somebody may come along in a minute and say suspensions are identical, just saying how it feels to me) I had 18s on the standard GTI, so a fair comparison I think.

cheers Tonker, input appreciated.  I'm changing mind by the minute! Cost and availability will prevail probably

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 04:57:17 pm »
Hello and welcome.

You are correct in your thinking, they are indeed identical!  :happy2: Maybe the tyre pressures were out on the car you tried? I came straight out of a GTI on 18's into an Edition 30 and the only difference was the steering felt lighter due to the different tyres.  :happy2: