Make a donation

Author Topic: NQS BBk kit  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
NQS BBk kit
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:37:53 pm »
Hey chaps does anyone know if you can purchase 986/987 Porsche calipers as a kit I.e everything included and ready to bolt straight on to a mk 5 gti. Apologies if this has been asked before did have a quick search and couldn't find a positive answer.

Kam88

Re: NQS BBk kit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »
Hey chaps does anyone know if you can purchase 986/987 Porsche calipers as a kit I.e everything included and ready to bolt straight on to a mk 5 gti. Apologies if this has been asked before did have a quick search and couldn't find a positive answer.

second hand off course t my knowledge you can't buy a complete kit of the shelve brand new

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:08 pm »
That's pants lol was rather hoping someone had done all the hard working sourcing the pieces. Thanks for the reply buddy

Kam88

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:20:49 pm »
That's pants lol was rather hoping someone had done all the hard working sourcing the pieces. Thanks for the reply buddy

its alright there is always something up for sale as complete kit but second hand rather then new what are you after ?

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 01:08:22 am »
Well i was kinda hoping to find a kit with refurb calipers etc so i had little to do sourcing already to many parcels coming for the missus to handle  :signLOL:.

Offline vala

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 06:05:12 pm »
There's a set available over on Briskoda.

Kam88

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »
Well i was kinda hoping to find a kit with refurb calipers etc so i had little to do sourcing already to many parcels coming for the missus to handle  :signLOL:.

fair enough look on mk5gti Facebook there is always something coming up there swell

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 07:31:06 pm »
Cheers for the replies chaps much appreciated. If anyone has fitted this kit what have you done about the pad wear sensor. I don't really want to cut the loom and re splice as in the how to found on here. is there anything I can do to avoid this.

Kam88

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 09:03:13 pm »
Cheers for the replies chaps much appreciated. If anyone has fitted this kit what have you done about the pad wear sensor. I don't really want to cut the loom and re splice as in the how to found on here. is there anything I can do to avoid this.

Yes easy its about £10 for new pad sensor on eBay can buy that goes from VW to Porsche easy  :signLOL:

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 10:24:05 pm »
Ah cheers for that matey thats excellent i think this is definately the brake mod for me. fancied the s3 r32 setup but not when i discovered the weight increase.

Kam88

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 10:34:06 pm »
Ah cheers for that matey thats excellent i think this is definately the brake mod for me. fancied the s3 r32 setup but not when i discovered the weight increase.

they are brilliant brakes only down side they squeal and its really annoying but once you get passed that they are great

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 10:42:25 pm »
Yer defo set on these. I take it you have them fitted. The oem gti brakes are so crap. Intending to go stage 1 early next year so need sone good stoppers. What discs and pads would you reccomend not for tracking just normal rd use etc. Im hoping that the resident brake guru dave will supply mounting brackets for these. In terms of insurance would you declare this as a mod. In theory it should reduce the bill but will probably end up increasing it  :signLOL:.

Just been doing a bit more reading if I'm on standard monzas does anyone know If need spacers to fit the nqsbbk, also there appears to be an issue with squealing what are people's thoughts on best disc pad combination. Cheers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:03:57 pm by Washout »

Kam88

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »
Yer defo set on these. I take it you have them fitted. The oem gti brakes are so crap. Intending to go stage 1 early next year so need sone good stoppers. What discs and pads would you reccomend not for tracking just normal rd use etc. Im hoping that the resident brake guru dave will supply mounting brackets for these. In terms of insurance would you declare this as a mod. In theory it should reduce the bill but will probably end up increasing it  :signLOL:.

Just been doing a bit more reading if I'm on standard monzas does anyone know If need spacers to fit the nqsbbk, also there appears to be an issue with squealing what are people's thoughts on best disc pad combination. Cheers

So my kit is little different but i run Mercedes 330mm discs rather then stock discs and textar pads also used pagid pads and both make noise might next time try different discs but doubt that will help

I haven't told my insurance as to me its irralevant :signLOL: