Make a donation

Author Topic: Woke up to this  (Read 3875 times)

Offline WaLLeMs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Woke up to this
« on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:18 pm »
Hi guys,

Woke up to this after spending the whole day yesterday

Any ideas? Not sure how deep they went but boy was I pissed

I am looking at investing in a whole detailing kit but can't right now... Any one have a free day to show and tell, I'll even pay for the lesson

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

dansmith180

Re: Woke up to this
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »
That doesnt look too deep really, most if not all of that will come out but will require machine work with an aggresive pad/ polish combo.

In terms if lessons are you talking about polishing lessons? Honeslty just grab a DA machine and do some research, theres loads of videos on youtube and a DA machine is pretty easy to master.

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:41:07 pm »
Bummer...can you catch your nail on the scratches? If so they may be a little deep to polish out completely. Try Autoglym super resin polish, it has heavy fillers and go over with a wax. Autoglym HD wax works perfectly on top. It will only mask the scratches until you can sort it properly.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:49 am »
What do you mean you woke up to it after spending the whole day at it? Did you do it yourself when you were cleaning it?

If so, get your read on! Spend the morning researching before you go at your car again! I'm no expert but here's my guide - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89106.msg902491.html#msg902491

Offline WaLLeMs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:50:13 pm »
What do you mean you woke up to it after spending the whole day at it? Did you do it yourself when you were cleaning it?

If so, get your read on! Spend the morning researching before you go at your car again! I'm no expert but here's my guide - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89106.msg902491.html#msg902491
Thanx guys, will def try

While I was washing there was a bunch of little sh*ts watching me and well you know how they are so I really suspect they did it but just weird on the patterns

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 11:48:19 pm »
That doesnt look too deep really, most if not all of that will come out but will require machine work with an aggresive pad/ polish combo.

In terms if lessons are you talking about polishing lessons? Honeslty just grab a DA machine and do some research, theres loads of videos on youtube and a DA machine is pretty easy to master.

Like dan says just grab a da machine polisher and watch some YouTube vids. It's abit worrying doing it for the first time so if there's a body shop near by go there and see if they have a scrap panel like a wing and put some small scratches in it and have a go on that for some practice as it won't matter if you mess it up.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »
Autobrite do a course, called back to basics, seem to run one a month for about £50/60. its a full day from wash techniques to using a DA etc...
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline DeadMau5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 08:55:39 am »
That should come out. Detailing world have great guides on how to use a da polisher or there's videos on YouTube.

Offline philevans55

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 12:50:26 pm »
I bought the DAS 6 Pro Plus and some meguirs polish and pads and it works a treat on little scratches like that.

It cost £200 and ive polished 7 cars so far and the results are really good for a begineer